FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Premium Fare Deals | master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2002076-premium-fare-deals-master-thread.html)

Prospero Jan 1, 2020 2:40 am

Premium Fare Deals | master thread

This thread is a continuation of the ever popular https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...9-edition.html thread.

So, once again, please post here all those fares that earn Tier Points in the BAEC programme. Please try and limit side discussions to a minimum, as this thread seems to be a valuable resource for people looking for a good deal and we want to keep them easy to find. As this thread's purpose is to highlight current deals, please add (if known) valid travel dates, advanced reservation/ticketing restrictions, and any stopover restrictions (if applicable). Also, and importantly, please do not use this thread to post fare requests. We have a dedicated clinic thread you can use for requests.

Also a gentle reminder that there is a BA sales thread and a very, very good Tier Point Runs thread where you can discuss those specific topics. The Tier Points Runs thread includes a very helpful set of planning and booking tips you may use to find good fare deals.

There is also a WT/WTP deals thread around, if you find a great deal in that category.

Quick reminder of the ideas:
  • Please do not post fare requests
  • If you add a fare, please also add a link to (or the name of) the site where you can book it to make it easier for others to book the fare. You can use Google flight search but it helps if you have checked the actual booking link.
  • Fares should not be part of a well published sale. For that use When is the next BA sale?
  • If a fare is a complex itinerary, optimising TPs and under GBP 2,50 per TP, please post it in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019 master thread
  • Please focus on fares ex-UK or ex-EU
  • As this thread is meant for good deals that provide TPs on BAEC, please feel free to add exEU or exUK fares on BA, QR, IB, CX, AA or other OW partners to popular destinations.
  • Please post possible mistake fares and/or obscure routings in the MR forum under Premium Fare Deals and provide a link in a post in this thread.
  • If you found the fare elsewhere (on FT or a blog), please credit the original source in your post in the thread.
  • Thank you for your contribution(s) !

alex67500 Jan 7, 2020 7:03 am

I mentioned it last year, and finally booked it for this year, there's a SOF-LHR-JFK-LAX-SFO and return AA fare in F for TATL and TCON for 2.7k£ (just above 2.5 £/TP with the exchange rate). Both TATLs can be on BA with AA codeshares (I have 747s both ways).

Depending on the flights, bookwithmatrix actually works on aa.com (first time for me, but not with all combinations). The fare (INX9C8S4) has a 90-advance purchase and Saturday rule. It might be possible to tweak it a little more but I don't think so, I've tried adding a West Coast element or a HEL shuffle but to no avail. If I remember my previous post correctly, there was a slightly cheaper version from ARN or OSL.

flatlander Jan 7, 2020 7:56 am

SOF-DOH-SYD-WLG-SYD-DOH-SOF on QR/QR/QF/QF/QR/QR booking classes R/R/I/I/R/R, £2083 for 680TP, QR fare basis RJR2PCZE on ITA Matrix. It's a tad over £3/TP, in July. If you need to be in the far antipodes at that time, it's about the best deal I've found so far.

Edit: if only I could book it :-/ this maybe a ghost, sorry about that.

mikeyfly Jan 8, 2020 2:07 am

Some interesting fares on Finnair to Far East, as usual starting in ARN / OSL etc but can finish in LHR from £1,200.00 not as many TPs as QR but fairly decent timings

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...0*2.GBP.120860

Wozza2404 Jan 8, 2020 2:49 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 31922774)
Some interesting fares on Finnair to Far East, as usual starting in ARN / OSL etc but can finish in LHR from £1,200.00 not as many TPs as QR but fairly decent timings

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...0*2.GBP.120860

Interesting fares ending at LHR.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on CPH-HKG with QR for £1250. Considered this AY fare for a minute as I don't have the extra connection back to LHR coming home, but CPH is much cheaper than ARN with BA on my dates so the QR fare still just edges it for me.

mikeyfly Jan 8, 2020 2:58 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404 (Post 31922847)
Interesting fares ending at LHR.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on CPH-HKG with QR for £1250. Considered this AY fare for a minute as I don't have the extra connection back to LHR coming home, but CPH is much cheaper than ARN with BA on my dates so the QR fare still just edges it for me.

Any discount codes working on QR right now ?

jsdickinson Jan 8, 2020 3:24 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 31922868)

Yep "24HOURS"

Wozza2404 Jan 8, 2020 3:26 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 31922868)

24HOURS was active yesterday - not sure if it's working today. MOBILE2020 is another one if you book on your phone.

However neither codes work for this HKG fare.

flashware Jan 8, 2020 3:34 am

Ex-UK fares only I believe for those codes.

kryten22uk Jan 8, 2020 8:07 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 31922774)
Some interesting fares on Finnair to Far East, as usual starting in ARN / OSL etc but can finish in LHR

Can start in LHR too, no need to locate to ARN/OSL at any point. c£1400.

mikeyfly Jan 8, 2020 9:14 am

Wow don't even look at LHR starts !

TGLoyalty Jan 8, 2020 10:35 am

Originally Posted by kryten22uk (Post 31923785)

which destinations? Can see HKG at £1560 and SIN at £1700

DYKWIA Jan 8, 2020 11:01 am

Originally Posted by TGLoyalty (Post 31924425)
which destinations? Can see HKG at £1560 and SIN at £1700

I got some MAN-HKG for around £1450. However, they required an overnight in HEL.

Sprodo Jan 8, 2020 11:28 am

ARN-BKK about £1350-£1400 too. Flights seem good times for same day connects there and back. LHR available for only slightly more after a quick glance - all the way through 2020

Tafflyer Jan 8, 2020 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by kryten22uk (Post 31923785)

Or start and end in ARN for £1049 return. A BA Sale CE return to ARN combined with that fare also saves over the UK price.