Premium Fare Deals | 2020 edition

Old Jan 13, 20, 5:59 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be View Post
wow that is amazing. I was thinking going in May but I am flexible.
how could I find this deal please?
That was just a quick search via google/flights. Select the multi-city option and input a few starting points (ARN/OSL/CPH and AMS should yield good results), select your preferred dates and class of service. Iím not sure what period the Finnair sale covers, but if you play around with the dates and cities - u should yield some decent fares. Good luck!

Pilot37
let_BAegones_be likes this.
Old Jan 13, 20, 7:00 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be View Post
There are no cheap deals on open jaw tickets am I correct?

I need to book a LON-PVG-HKG-LON in Business (or prem eco) and so fur the best option I found is using avios.
Don't know your dates, but take advantage of the Finnair sale. BRU-HEL-HKG / PVG-HEL-LHR is £1125.

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...6*2.GBP.112446

Then just Avios LON-BRU (or train?) and HKG-PVG in eco. Unless you can spot good one-way fares for either.
let_BAegones_be likes this.
Old Jan 13, 20, 9:43 am

Probably a Ďdealí that been around longer but didnít see it here. Thought Iíd post anyway because better twice then not at all. Inv-sea in first for £1.919. Mostly available in April. Book directly on BA.
Old Jan 14, 20, 4:43 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by Nephoi View Post
JER-LON-MAN-PHL-LAX-PDX-LAX-PHL-AMS-LHR-MAN.

THe key is the second stop in Europe. It was quite difficult to find this possibility.
thanks to the amazing @Nephoi I booked JER-LGW/LHR-MAN-PHL-LAX-PDX-LAX-JFK-LCY, I dropped the second Europe hop in favour of the babybus and saving £100, 5 nights in Portland plus a day in LA, a day in Nee York . £1230 paid with travel in July with lie flats on the TransContinental flights.
Old Jan 14, 20, 5:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by navylad View Post
thanks to the amazing @Nephoi I booked JER-LGW/LHR-MAN-PHL-LAX-PDX-LAX-JFK-LCY, I dropped the second Europe hop in favour of the babybus and saving £100, 5 nights in Portland plus a day in LA, a day in Nee York . £1230 paid with travel in July with lie flats on the TransContinental flights.
Excellent news @navylad - looks like a great itinerary. I'm planning something similar and nephoi has provided me with lots of helpful advice. Did you manage to book this directly on the BA site?
Nephoi likes this.
Old Jan 14, 20, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by estrangeiro8 View Post
Excellent news @navylad - looks like a great itinerary. I'm planning something similar and nephoi has provided me with lots of helpful advice. Did you manage to book this directly on the BA site?
I booked it on Priceline through the book with its matrix site AA was an option for $30 more. BA was another $100, which might have been worth it for the additional Avios if it is required, but would prob require booking by phone
estrangeiro8 and Nephoi like this.
Old Jan 14, 20, 7:51 am

I booked it on Priceline through the book with its matrix site AA was an option for $30 more. BA was another $100, which might have been worth it for the additional Avios if it is required, but would prob require booking by phone
Thanks for letting me know @navylad - you and @Nephoi have been really helpful. Just need to do the deed and book it now with dates that work! Cheers! 😃👍
Old Jan 14, 20, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by estrangeiro8 View Post
Thanks for letting me know @navylad - you and @Nephoi have been really helpful. Just need to do the deed and book it now with dates that work! Cheers! 😃👍
simply join me in october.
estrangeiro8 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 20, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Nephoi View Post
simply join me in october.
I'm severely tempted Nephoi !
Nephoi likes this.
Old Jan 14, 20, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I ended up tweaking my original fare and booking this for £11 more (at £1364pp):

WED
INV - LHR (BA, A319, CE, upright)
LHR - MIA (BA, 747, Club World upstairs)
MIA - LAX (AA, 777-200, 'First' lie flat)
THUR
LAX - PDX (AA, 737, 'First' upright)
SAT
PDX - SEA (AS, Embraer, 'First' upright)
SUN
SEA - LHR (BA, 789-10, Club Suite)

Ended up ditching the complex connection PDX-SEA (which was via PHX/LAX) for the sake of a short, no-points-earning Alaska flight.

Not going on my own now, so the longer layovers permit quick tourism stops in LAX and SEA that make it more worthwhile. Plus a 50-50 split of the hotel bill.

Still nets 500TP, with a potential extra 40 for the positioning on the Tuesday.

Last edited by mmxbreaks; Jan 14, 20 at 3:55 pm
Old Jan 15, 20, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond , Marriott Gold , IHG Plat
What did you enter in ITA to get this fare? I can't find it.
Old Jan 15, 20, 10:43 am
WLX

Originally Posted by LakerAirwaysDC10 View Post
What did you enter in ITA to get this fare? I can't find it.
Think if you know this is a routing you want you can get it just by entering the connection points.

Ilovethebeachclub likes this.
Old Jan 22, 20, 6:53 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR, Marriott Ti, HH Diamond, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
More and more I'm finding Priceline is the only site that can book more complex flights via ITA.

Yesterday I booked a BUD-LHR-JFK-LAX return for £1500 (under 30 days before I need to travel so options were limited and I will actually be starting in BUD anyway so it lucked out for me). I could get it priced on AA Europe in EUR, but when it went to payment it errored out. BA wouldn't even entertain the routing (I could have called but BA was only pricing the TATL on AA metal which isn't ideal - so was always second choice). Kayak and Momondo kind of got the fare but auto-shortened the route so it wasn't what I'd priced up.

Priceline pulled it perfectly from ITA and ticketed at exactly the same price as on AA directly. This is the second time in as many months that they've been the only ones who can successfully get to ticketing when booking via Powertools and ITA.
adrianlondon, Cymro and Calchas like this.
Old Jan 22, 20, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404 View Post
More and more I'm finding Priceline is the only site that can book more complex flights via ITA.

I could get it priced on AA Europe in EUR, but when it went to payment it errored out.
I agree that Priceline is the only safe bet (although it still falls over sometimes... it has a nasty habit of taking Y+ segments and knocking them down to Y without changing the price...).

For the AA site, Iíve found that if you pay with an AmEx and change the payment address on the booking/payment to be the same country as the site youíre booking on then it usually goes through. AmEx doesnít seem to validate the address but other card issuers do.
Old Jan 22, 20, 8:30 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by absoluy View Post
I agree that Priceline is the only safe bet (although it still falls over sometimes... it has a nasty habit of taking Y+ segments and knocking them down to Y without changing the price...).

For the AA site, Iíve found that if you pay with an AmEx and change the payment address on the booking/payment to be the same country as the site youíre booking on then it usually goes through. AmEx doesnít seem to validate the address but other card issuers do.
I can confirm this. Amex with an address correct in all things apart from the country will approve.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: