Premium Fare Deals | master thread

Old Jan 12, 2020, 1:57 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Looks like the 7:47 LAX layover is overnight ( 0043 to 0830) not sure of the LAX overnight hours

Regards

TBS
The lounge complexes all close around 1:30am, and reopen at 4am.

Those 2.5 hours are quite miserable, although you can walk into TBIT to see the late night departures to mainland China, and there are seats with plug-sockets opposite the Admirals Club in T4.

M
Old Jan 12, 2020, 2:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Tommys888
how many points can people actually earn from this journey?
580 TPs and 31,899 Avios (as BAEC Gold)
Old Jan 12, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: FB, GGL, IHG, Hilton
There seems to be a few around then for a good price.
Just got a LCY>DUB>PHL>PDX>PHL>JFK>LCY for 1400 quid
Old Jan 12, 2020, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
580 TPs and 31,899 Avios (as BAEC Gold)
800 tp and 40656 avios as gold
Old Jan 12, 2020, 3:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Nephoi
800 tp and 40656 avios as gold
How do you get to 800TPs? I must be missing something.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
How do you get to 800TPs? I must be missing something.
JER-LON-MAN-PHL-LAX-PDX-LAX-PHL-AMS-LHR-MAN.

THe key is the second stop in Europe. It was quite difficult to find this possibility.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:42 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder

THe key is the second stop in Europe. It was quite difficult to find this possibility.
out of interest, what are you using and inputting to get this route?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 2:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold

@Nephoi - this looks like a great find! Any tips on what to input to find it on ITA? And did you manage to book it directly with AA or go with an OTA? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
There's an INV-LHR-JFK-LAX-PDX / PDX-PHX-SEA-LHR-INV in J for around £1350, including Club Suite on the return long haul leg. I was mulling over it for ages. The I class is available on the JFK-LAX leg, but you'll perhaps have to use a TA to permit it.

That's a great fare, although I don't really understand the reasoning behind the diversion to PHX on the inward leg.

If you're just after a good fare, and don't particularly care about the tier points (and this is the premium fares thread), then it would be easier just to fly PDX-SEA-LHR, and you'd also avoid the very long layover and cost of a hotel.

If it's the tier points you're after then it would be better to route from PHX to an east-coast gateway rather than SEA, as this would give you an additional 100 TPs.

Am I missing something obvious?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 3:18 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Misco60
That's a great fare, although I don't really understand the reasoning behind the diversion to PHX on the inward leg.
Avoids Alaska and no TPs for the PHX-SEA direct. You can also use LAX instead of PHX, just means longer flight/layover and earlier departure. Also the arrival time into SEA has to be after 19:00 if you want the 789 on the way back, as it only permits 24hr stop max.

If it's the tier points you're after then it would be better to route from PHX to an east-coast gateway rather than SEA, as this would give you an additional 100 TPs.
Tried returning to JFK but it hoisted the price up by about £750. It probably can be done though, if not to JFK then to PHL.

Am I missing something obvious?
I'm a sucker for squeezing Club Suite in, which is from SEA-LHR on the 789. I try and make my runs as interesting as possible, sometimes forsaking a few points, and haven't been to SEA for ages.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 4:18 am

Perfectly good points. :-)

Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:08 am

There are no cheap deals on open jaw tickets am I correct?

I need to book a LON-PVG-HKG-LON in Business (or prem eco) and so fur the best option I found is using avios.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:37 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be
There are no cheap deals on open jaw tickets am I correct?

I need to book a LON-PVG-HKG-LON in Business (or prem eco) and so fur the best option I found is using avios.
Not sure when you need to go or if you have the flexibility to start Ex-EU, but ARN-HEL-PVG / HKG-HEL-ARN with Finnair is £1,150 in Business total. That was just using a 7 day option in mid-March, so open-jaw does not hurt you price wise.

Pilot37
Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Pilot37
Not sure when you need to go or if you have the flexibility to start Ex-EU, but ARN-HEL-PVG / HKG-HEL-ARN with Finnair is £1,150 in Business total. That was just using a 7 day option in mid-March, so open-jaw does not hurt you price wise.

Pilot37
wow that is amazing. I was thinking going in May but I am flexible.
how could I find this deal please?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be
wow that is amazing. I was thinking going in May but I am flexible.
how could I find this deal please?
Start on Google Flights !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.