Premium Fare Deals | 2020 edition

Old Jan 8, 20, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by TGLoyalty View Post
which destinations? Can see HKG at £1560 and SIN at £1700
Chinese ones probably cheapest. PVG, PEK, CAN etc. Just look on Finnair website at their destination list and type em in
Old Jan 9, 20, 8:21 am

Been looking at LHR-SOF | SOF-DOH-SIN as a TP Run this year - have family in Singers so this would be ideal.

80 + 140 + 140 + 140 + 140 + 80 = 720 TP

And LHR-SOF c. £240 on BA (though they've changed their timings to make it a tad harder this year to connect) and SOF - SIN £1093 on QR, making it about £1.85 / TP which seems pretty good to me.

Thoughts from the room?
Old Jan 9, 20, 9:21 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by lumit811 View Post
Been looking at LHR-SOF | SOF-DOH-SIN as a TP Run this year - have family in Singers so this would be ideal.

And LHR-SOF c. £240 on BA (though they've changed their timings to make it a tad harder this year to connect) and SOF - SIN £1093 on QR, making it about £1.85 / TP which seems pretty good to me.

Thoughts from the room?
Singers? As in sewing machine - or is this is Singapore as to some Gatters refers to Gatwick. No one I flew, or flew with from Gatwick ever used such a dreadful form of address.

I digress. That looks a remarkable fare. Sofia is such a strange city - I did not dislike it however.
Gastrocnemius likes this.
Old Jan 9, 20, 9:49 am

Programs: BAEC

Thoughts from the room?
Yes, I've been eyeing that as well. I have family in Sofers, so would probably spend a few days there in either direction. Without veering too much into family travel territory, how is Singapore for a week-long break with a 2-year old? I'm trying to balance my desire for renewing Silver (and earning the avios needed for a long-haul parents-only 241) with the desire to not fly just for the sake of flying.
ppp909 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 20, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold

Thoughts from the room?
Have you seen if costs/connections are easier from Oslo? The fare is about £100 more.
Old Jan 9, 20, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by psychopompos View Post
Yes, I've been eyeing that as well. I have family in Sofers, so would probably spend a few days there in either direction. Without veering too much into family travel territory, how is Singapore for a week-long break with a 2-year old? I'm trying to balance my desire for renewing Silver (and earning the avios needed for a long-haul parents-only 241) with the desire to not fly just for the sake of flying.

Hi,

When are you planning on going ( just now is the rainy season) and it is hot and humid all year round but it is a beautiful place to visit for a week ( I spent a week in july there)( Gardens by the Bay, Orchid Garden, Universal studios, sentosa island ) with good hotels.

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 9, 20, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by psychopompos View Post
It actually is a great place for young families. Itís like Asia 101, with a great deal of English spoken, childrenís activities galore and many a fun but sweaty walk to explore. Iíd usually say Singapore (Singers) is much more family friendly of a visit than Hong Kong (more exciting for singles or the childless couple). Just my 2 cents.
Old Jan 9, 20, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann View Post
Have you seen if costs/connections are easier from Oslo? The fare is about £100 more.
It is usually better to connect thru Oslo, but you lose 80 TP because SOF is a 80 TP CE OW destination and OSL only earns 40 TP OW. So all in all less worth the mileage run. Only thing is that QR from OSL is a 787 flat bed vs SOF is likely a A320 recliner not flatbed.

Deal vs Comfort. Thatís the question.
Old Jan 9, 20, 2:41 pm

Programs: GGL, Cats protection
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot View Post
Hi,

When are you planning on going ( just now is the rainy season) and it is hot and humid all year round but it is a beautiful place to visit for a week ( I spent a week in july there)( Gardens by the Bay, Orchid Garden, Universal studios, sentosa island ) with good hotels.

Regards

TBS
Jurong bird park, top of marina bay sands, watching the shipping was interesting too . February only one days rain in a week
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jan 12, 20, 12:21 am

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), TK E (*G)
if anyone is interested, AY is offering BRU-HKG in J starting from Ä1240 per person.
Travel period is from 10th February to 30th November 2020, with blackout dates from 19th June to 24th August. Min stay Saturday night, max stay 1 month.
Ticket is no changeable, no refundable.
Book by 27th January 2020.
Old Jan 12, 20, 1:44 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Lefly View Post
if anyone is interested, AY is offering BRU-HKG in J starting from Ä1240 per person.
Travel period is from 10th February to 30th November 2020, with blackout dates from 19th June to 24th August. Min stay Saturday night, max stay 1 month.
Ticket is no changeable, no refundable.
Book by 27th January 2020.
Noticed you can leave Brussels at 1915 on a Friday and arrive at HKG at 1540 Saturday. There is a flight at 0045 Sunday and land back in Brussels at 1055 on Sunday. Doing it in a weekend!
KARFA, Lefly and Traveller 935 like this.
Old Jan 12, 20, 3:45 am

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), TK E (*G)
Originally Posted by Markie View Post
Noticed you can leave Brussels at 1915 on a Friday and arrive at HKG at 1540 Saturday. There is a flight at 0045 Sunday and land back in Brussels at 1055 on Sunday. Doing it in a weekend!
Indeed! For once, a cheap very reasonable fare with very convenient times available (...and almost too short layovers in HEL )

As for me, I booked it for a week stay, with a planned side trip to Vietnam/Taiwan/Japan or something like that on avios.
Markie likes this.
Old Jan 12, 20, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by Lefly View Post
Indeed! For once, a cheap very reasonable fare with very convenient times available (...and almost too short layovers in HEL )

As for me, I booked it for a week stay, with a planned side trip to Vietnam/Taiwan/Japan or something like that on avios.
Beware using Avios on CX ex-HKG can be a bit of a challenge!
Old Jan 12, 20, 5:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Avis Preferred Plus

Thoughts from the room?
I did approximately this last summer (came back via ARN as the timings coming back to SOF would have meant an overnight there from what I recall).

Had a great experience including the QSuites (my first time). Much more detail can be found in the trip report in my signature.
Old Jan 12, 20, 6:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Originally Posted by flashware View Post
Beware using Avios on CX ex-HKG can be a bit of a challenge!
Iíve just booked the BRU deal to HKG (great offer) - and easily found Avios availability with Cathay Dragon to Chiang Mai - they also had plenty of availability to Hanoi which was my other choice.
Lefly likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: