Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Need advice - AA LAX-SJC-LAX in I Class - both with same flight#

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need advice - AA LAX-SJC-LAX in I Class - both with same flight#

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravellingSalesman
You can always book two singles, since AA protects connections on separate tickets as long as they respect the minimum connection time (which should be the case since you can book it on one ticket)
I feel more comfortable to have it on the same PNR/ticket..

Anyway - it should be quite easy in the US - you go through the gate & wait couple of minutes in the same area & get back to the same aircraft.. Am I missing something ?
Would I be able to check in to both flights with the AA App?

Of course, I will be traveling with no luggage at all..
Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:32 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Not to worry, you will get 40 TP each way (80 total). Being on one of their commuter flights (Compass/American Eagle) does not negate this.

Initially you may only be able to check in for the outbound. But when it is 24 hours prior to the return, the app/website will let you check in for the 2nd flight.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nachosdelux
Initially you may only be able to check in for the outbound. But when it is 24 hours prior to the return, the app/website will let you check in for the 2nd flight.
Both flights are within 2 hours...
Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:36 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by ehud
Both flights are within 2 hours...
most likely you will only be able to check in for one, then 2 hours later (approx) check in for the return. No big deal, you can do it on the app. Or just wait until 22 hours prior to departure and check in for both!
Old Jan 1, 2020, 12:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
I did the same thing on American Eagle DCA->PIT->DCA in October - same flight number, etc. Credited just fine and put me over the top for Gold for another year.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:12 am

I've done a few very similar TP runs in the past, including same flight numbers, although usually starting at SFO, and you will be fine on everything! Sit back and enjoy your trip and your 80 TPs!

rb211.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
As others have said, everything will be fine. You'll get 40 points per flight. Connecting at SJC is a breeze. You walk off the plane, wait by the gate, get back on again. As for the same flight numbers, this is normal. I believe it's because AA operate so many flights they can't have unique flight numbers for them all.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Geordie405
... As for the same flight numbers, this is normal. I believe it's because AA operate so many flights they can't have unique flight numbers for them all.
It's not so much the number of flights they operate (about 6800) because that could be addressed using four digits. It's all the codeshares and other cooperative ventures that require flight numbers that quickly exceeds the "number space."

rb211.
Geordie405 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.