Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA in the media | master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2020, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Apologies if this ought to belong in another thread somewhere, but is there a reason BA seems to be suffering these incidents on a scale that other carriers are not? It's certainly not as if BA is the sole operator of the A320 fanily.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Bohinjska Bistrica
Apologies if this ought to belong in another thread somewhere, but is there a reason BA seems to be suffering these incidents on a scale that other carriers are not? It's certainly not as if BA is the sole operator of the A320 fanily.
Although I don't have access to stats, I would be surprised if BA is actually suffering a higher incidence of such incidents.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Although I don't have access to stats, I would be surprised if BA is actually suffering a higher incidence of such incidents.
It may just be a UK-centric thing where we don't hear of similar incidents elsewhere.

Maybe not though. Just seems concerning.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Bohinjska Bistrica
It may just be a UK-centric thing where we don't hear of similar incidents elsewhere.

Maybe not though. Just seems concerning.
There are plenty of non-BA incidents. The quickest and dirtiest of searches: The Aviation Herald
Old Feb 22, 2020, 1:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
A BA apprentice getting some positive coverage, for saving a romantic break from being ruined by a storm

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/b...-a4367316.html
Tobias-UK and icegirl like this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 6:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
BA's Amy Hart to star on Celebs Go Dating tonight at 9pm on E4!!!
Old Apr 28, 2020, 11:56 am

Programs: BAEC
BBC News - 28/04 BA to cut 12,000 jobs

As per the article...

British Airways is set to cut up to 12,000 jobs from its 42,000-strong workforce due to a collapse in business because of the coronavirus pandemic.

The airline's parent company, IAG, said it needed to impose a "restructuring and redundancy programme" until demand for air travel returns to 2019 levels.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52462660
Old Apr 28, 2020, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Wider discussion in this thread BA to cut up to 12,000 jobs in "restructuring and redundancy programme"
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 3:33 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
The BAEC website is featured in The Register's regular column looking at (inadvertently) public error messages.

Boolean bafflement at British Airways' Executive Club: Sneaky little Avioses - wicked, Tricksy, False!
The Register reader who received this particular [email] from the former World's Favourite Airline has long forgotten his account credentials. British Airways, however, has not forgotten him and fired off an email exhorting him to use his, er, "false" Avios lest they expire. Heaven forbid that he have any true examples of the breed.

[...]

As for the error itself, zero is often converted to "false" during some operations, so it might just be that BA has some difficult news for the recipient, but can't bring itself to say it directly. Alternatively, the code responsible for counting those miles has had a very bad day indeed.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 10:53 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
The Intern is certainly getting around.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 1:47 am

Bloggers using FT

Have been a long time lurker of the BAEC FT page; thought it about time I joined!

From reading a large number of travel blogger sites over lockdown I’m amazed at frankly how much information seems to be picked up from the BAEC forum.. one UK based ‘blogger’ in particular seems to quite literally copy forums - a few hours after a thread opens, a blog post appears!

Perhaps some top contributors should explore getting a cut
Old Jul 30, 2020, 2:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ltl2020
Perhaps some top contributors should explore getting a cut
You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment. Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum ltl2020.
ltl2020 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 2:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ltl2020
....From reading a large number of travel blogger sites over lockdown I’m amazed at frankly how much information seems to be picked up from the BAEC forum.. one UK based ‘blogger’ in particular seems to quite literally copy forums - a few hours after a thread opens, a blog post appears!....
It’s interesting that they post so much that has nothing to do with clever points earning or turning left cheaper.
ltl2020 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Perhaps it is the rise in the number of people who try to make a living from blogging. Perhaps it is the rise of social media. Perhaps FT itself has a part to play.
But it is acutely obvious that opportunities to earn and redeem become more limited as the years progress. The glory days in the past with the infamous Concorde tickets for biscuits opportunities are long gone.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 6:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by richardwft
It’s interesting that they post so much that has nothing to do with clever points earning...
Here’s an example https://www.godsavethepoints.com/boe...livery-delays/ if you bother to read all of this, pat yourself on the back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.