Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA | 2020/21 edition

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2021, 8:52 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by Scots_Al
I know this is a DYKWIA thread, but it’s not all about you!

I was responding to the post I quoted, not yours!
But I have been a GCH for 20 years+. Surely it SHOULD be all about me !
Scots_Al, T8191, wrp96 and 5 others like this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 3:54 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
OOOh I think I might have just hit the jackpot for this thread.

In the CCR, waiting at Guest Services behind a passenger who appeared to be quite stressed.

I didn't get the start of the conversation as to why she should have a seat in F rather than her apparently confirmed seat in J, but it seemed that F was full or even overbooked on her flight.

She then uttered the immortal words.... I almost froze on the spot! TBF I have no idea who she is, I'm not convinced the guest services people did either and the phrase didn't seem to magic up a seat in F, but it's clear that J is not good enough in this case.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling

In the CCR, waiting at Guest Services behind a passenger who appeared to be quite stressed.

I didn't get the start of the conversation as to why she should have a seat in F rather than her apparently confirmed seat in J, but it seemed that F was full or even overbooked on her flight.

She then uttered the immortal words.... I almost froze on the spot! TBF I have no idea who she is, I'm not convinced the guest services people did either and the phrase didn't seem to magic up a seat in F, but it's clear that J is not good enough in this case.
I want to know who it was.. i always assumed this was only uttered by people who were (or liked to think they were) famous.. but nope.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 5:25 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.

Excellent DYKWIA post, complete with ‘btw’ reference to being in the CCR, perfect! 😁😁😁
Old Nov 8, 2021, 6:17 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by krispy84
Excellent DYKWIA post, complete with ‘btw’ reference to being in the CCR, perfect! 😁😁😁
ha ha very good - I thought the context was important 😀😛
Old Nov 8, 2021, 7:23 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
I bet you it was a prem card holder - some senior executive at a big UK-based company.
MiraculousM likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 8:15 am

Let's hope that nobody else she has to slum it with in J knows who she is either - just so as to save her the embarrassment.
Irreverent Medusa likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 8:15 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I do hope her flight in Club has the old seats!
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by TeflonMan
Let's hope that nobody else she has to slum it with in J knows who she is either - just so as to save her the embarrassment.
Years ago flying back from CPT, I was in WT on a 747 with the CW cabin directly infront. My seat mate spent most of the taxi and climb out of CPT moaning to the nice CC seated by the exit that he ‘always flies at least J and can’t think what had happened’. PAs / secretaries were being blamed. We were both rather fed up with him by the time he’d finished his rant.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 9:33 am

I would love to be in the position to reply "errrm... no"

Last edited by Yeoman5; Nov 8, 2021 at 9:33 am Reason: correction
Old Nov 8, 2021, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Yeoman5
Wouldn't that have been great?! As always the words didn't come to me at the right time.

Sorry, MiraculousM - I really don't have a scooby who the person was - but then again I managed to sit next to Paris Hilton on an AA flight once and didn't know who she was either 😳.
bos2gla likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Yeoman5
Hahahaha I bet you had a chuckle at that. I think there should be a DYKWIA stickers/medals that FT'ers can hand out to those who are worthy (including sometimes to each other). This lady was certainly worthy of the award
Old Nov 8, 2021, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Not sure if this is a DYKWIA, a DYWKTA, OMNI or a strong talking-to from the mods...

Flying back from Athens this evening, Club Europe stretched back past the emergency exits on our A320. Boarding was a scrum, called from the lounge several minutes before boarding really started, groups 1 & 2 boarded together, not enough locker space for all the bags delaying departure etc. That said, the checkin + lounge + boarding experience still beats what I had in Stuttgart a few weeks back, so I'll give Athens a thumbs-up despite all that!

During the food service, I was surprised to be tapped on the arm by an elderly gent in the seat opposite (I was C, olther half was in A, troublesome gent in D). He was keen to remonstrate me for tardy re-application of my facemask. A little later, whilst actively drinking, his wife accused me of denying that COVID was real, informed me that she'd watched over hundreds of people die of covid, and generally remonstrate me for failing to inhale my red wine through a facemask!

Cabin crew rapidly appeared, checked we were ok, gave us some more wine, then had some words with the others, so apparently they did KWWW (know who were where), though I fear this may end up being a new trope....
the810 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
The tapping on the arm thing reminds me of an incident a few years ago landing at MAN with QR.
My bag was one of the first off and I saw it round the other side of the carousel, so I stepped forward of the line on the floor to be ready to get it (few other bags at that stage, and some pax still at immigration - so not getting in anyones way), to be thumped quite hard several times on my arm and a guy pointed at the sign that said stand behind the line. I was so flabbergasted and stunned that I just picked my bag up, pointed at it and left.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 4:54 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Ah, maybe FTers travel HBO too often but we don't talk about luggage carousel lice enough! 😂
T8191, Klrduks, S_W_S and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.