Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA | 2020/21 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2021, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro
Eamonn Holmes flying GLA-LHR this evening on BA1495 (with wheelchair assistance again). Incidentally, it’s the same plane that flew Simon Calder out to GIB.

A busy time for celebs at the moment.
It really pushes the limits of the word Celebrity when anyone includes Simon Calder into the same paragraph. He truly is the kiss of death to the travel industry and is invariably only ever wheeled out whenever there's a plane crash or a travel related calamity. Same as that David Learmount guy from Flight International magazine. When I worked in travel and you saw either of them on breakfast TV you knew it was going to be a bad day!
Old May 31, 2021, 3:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Alan Shearer on the 0840 flight to ABZ this morning in 1F. Didn’t even notice until one of the cabin crew was talking to him part way through the flight and I heard the accent.

I wonder if he is doing a b2b too?
Old May 31, 2021, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
It really pushes the limits of the word Celebrity when anyone includes Simon Calder into the same paragraph. He truly is the kiss of death to the travel industry and is invariably only ever wheeled out whenever there's a plane crash or a travel related calamity. Same as that David Learmount guy from Flight International magazine. When I worked in travel and you saw either of them on breakfast TV you knew it was going to be a bad day!
I grudgingly recognise that individuals attain the enigma of celebrity status without my love or approval. It might be best to resign yourself to a similar conclusion, accept consensus gentium and certainly keep away from copies of HELLO!

Calder's an award-winning print journalist. He's been in print for thirty years or so, and he's widely known from TV and radio appearances over maybe a quarter of a century.

It could be his focus on budget tourism puts him on the wrong side of the marmite division for left-turning travellers, but I reckon his name and persona generate whatever recognition factor is required to be considered a celebrity.

But you're right about Learmount
Old Jun 2, 2021, 4:19 am

I had Simon Callow in my head. Couldnt work out why he was disliked by subsequent posters.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 6:07 am

Programs: Hotels.com Gold, BA Exec, 1M Green Sheild Stamps
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
I had Simon Callow in my head. Couldnt work out why he was disliked by subsequent posters.
Likewise but Simon Cowell - But I do get the dislike bit
Old Jun 5, 2021, 2:59 pm
K&C

Programs: BAEC Gold
Amanda Holden and family checking in at the club desk in front of us today in Faro. They seemed to go completely unnoticed through the airport
Old Jun 5, 2021, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by K&C
Amanda Holden and family checking in at the club desk in front of us today in Faro. They seemed to go completely unnoticed through the airport
I suspect no one in Faro has the first clue who she is.
Pilou likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Just Eat Platinum For Life
Originally Posted by K&C
Let's hope she didn't try to say good evening in Portuguese or whatever language she assumes Europeans speak.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Mercedes Formula E drivers Nyck De Vries and Stoffel Vandoorne in F flying to Mexico.
Source: Their IG stories.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 12:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Maybe a longshot here - I'm hopeless at recognising celebs (not least after sitting across the aisle from Stella McCartney and not noticing...). IAD-LHR (Mrs CKBA reckons it was) Shakira and family (in CW), greeted off plane by man and ipad. Same man at baggage claim collected their bags.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by CKBA
Maybe a longshot here - I'm hopeless at recognising celebs (not least after sitting across the aisle from Stella McCartney and not noticing...). IAD-LHR (Mrs CKBA reckons it was) Shakira and family (in CW), greeted off plane by man and ipad. Same man at baggage claim collected their bags.
Could be, particularly if connecting from Colombia. That's an exciting spot if so. I wouldn't recognize Stella McCartney if she slapped me in the face, OTOH .
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Couple of The Points Guy UK guys in FWing just now. Not perhaps a TV celeb but the TPG has a loyal following of Jean and Nicky in YouTube
flipper118, Paren and mikeyfly like this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 1:46 am
GBT

Programs: BAEC Gold
Rob Brydon and Ruth Jones travelling together from Inverness to LHR on Saturday 3/7
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 6:51 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TTmex
Couple of The Points Guy UK guys in FWing just now. Not perhaps a TV celeb but the TPG has a loyal following of Jean and Nicky in YouTube
They are only famous because they repost what they read on here 24 hours later on their website!
Old Jul 7, 2021, 4:36 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Keith Starmer at T5 flanked by armed police, uniformed and non.
Looked miserable....I assume he had the Scotch pie in GF
VSLover and smokie36 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.