Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA | 2020/21 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2021, 12:50 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
I think it’s been asked before but not sure we’ve had a definitive answer.

Are senior ministers given entry to the CCR/CCT routinely? There have been lots of reports of ministers with special branch entourage in the past. It makes sense to me, just wondering if any FTers have more info.
Old May 29, 2021, 1:26 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by krispy84

Are senior ministers given entry to the CCR/CCT routinely? There have been lots of reports of ministers with special branch entourage in the past. It makes sense to me, just wondering if any FTers have more info.
I have certainly seen the previous NI Secretary of State and the Foreign Secretary in the CCR before so I am guessing senior cabinet minsters do. Not sure if it extends to all tho, although I am willing to guest the Duchy of Lancaster in for a small fee
krispy84 likes this.
Old May 29, 2021, 4:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
There was a skinny guy... who arrived with full police and entourage... BL looks a little, er, larger?
The Skinny guy was part of BL entourage (assistant/secretary).
Old May 29, 2021, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Noel Gallagher in the GF earlier today. No idea where he was going unfortunately.

EDIT: and Brandon Lewis (NI Secretary of State) + wife in the CCT
It was definitely a VIP day. Can't believe I was sat close to BL.

Karfa - We also saw that unknown musician? But our camera's were firmly clicking away at the C130!

Eamonn Holmes was on my flight sitting in 2C looking worse for wear with a crutch and needed a wheelchair on arrival.
Old May 29, 2021, 4:23 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Fontana

Karfa - We also saw that unknown musician? But our camera's were firmly clicking away at the C130!

Eamonn Holmes was on my flight sitting in 2C looking worse for wear with a crutch and needed a wheelchair on arrival.
Where were you/Eamonn Holmes heading?
mikeyfly and oceanscape like this.
Old May 29, 2021, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro
Where were you/Eamonn Holmes heading?
Glasgow
BAeuro likes this.
Old May 29, 2021, 6:43 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Funky Spike
Portugal probably...... 😁Spike
For sure. It was mentioned on the BBC.
Old May 30, 2021, 1:55 am

Glasgow
would you happen to know on what flight ?
Since I was flew there yesterday as well just curious to know if we were together or not

The 1 tIme I've decided to try the aspire lounge (terminal 5 by gate 18, always forget i can use my amex platinum via the priority pass access) instead of my regular GF spot i apparently miss all the action 🤣🤣
Old May 30, 2021, 4:54 am

Heard Simon Calder was on BA492 to GIB today.
Old May 30, 2021, 11:04 am

Eamonn Holmes flying GLA-LHR this evening on BA1495 (with wheelchair assistance again). Incidentally, it’s the same plane that flew Simon Calder out to GIB.

A busy time for celebs at the moment.
mikeyfly, Dicksbits and Fontana like this.
Old May 30, 2021, 11:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by BAeuro
Eamonn Holmes flying GLA-LHR this evening on BA1495 (with wheelchair assistance again). Incidentally, it’s the same plane that flew Simon Calder out to GIB.

A busy time for celebs at the moment.
Knowing LHR with wheelchairs he will probably be abandoned in the middle of nowhere or expected to sit in the buggy with your hand luggage on your lap!

Probably the worst airport in the world for assistance!
dwugson and Ramos like this.
Old May 30, 2021, 11:30 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by krispy84

Sitting at the CCR bar with the OH a while back, Theresa May, when she was Home Secretary, came in & sat on the seats directly behind us with one of her staff, and engaged in deep conversation that demanded detailed note taking Kim Jong-Un style. I had a short exchange of pleasantries with the two armed coppers who set up shop next to me, standing up at the bar supping coffees. I don't think we were deemed much of a risk.
krispy84 and EDIwanderer like this.
Old May 30, 2021, 2:44 pm

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold

I thought it was Eamonn Holmes , we were waiting at the gate in Glasgow for the return flight when he disembarked
Old May 30, 2021, 3:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by simonsmith
I thought it was Eamonn Holmes , we were waiting at the gate in Glasgow for the return flight when he disembarked
I saw him on a BMI flight to MAN from LHR 20 years ago. Probably heading up for a footie match. I was astonished when he got a round of applause from some pax on boarding!
Old May 30, 2021, 4:06 pm

Chelsea FC

Chelsea's breakfast of champions! Olivier Giroud and Azpilicueta dine with Champions League trophy | Daily Mail Online

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.