Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A350 removed from Toronto route (YYZ BA92/93) in 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2019, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K

This maybe the wrong place for this so Mods feel free to move but I can’t find anywhere that states the A350 will be removed from LHR YYZ (Toronto) BA 92/93 as of the end of March. It is mentioned by MPH1980 (I think) that it’s off the Toronto route as of March 30. And we looked and yes, after that it’s all 777’s and 787’s : we booked a few of trips on BA92/93 assuming the A350 would remain but also fully aware aircrafts change especially on this route.
there is almost no F available either on revenue or reward bookings so the A350 which we flew a couple of months ago is such an upgrade especially overnight
can someone confirm this and if so add or I guess remove it from the wiki.....
many thanks ACS
Old Dec 31, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Have a booking back from PHL in April that’s been swapped to an A350, which I had posted in another thread I thought could happen as the original seat map was a 3 class 777.

So that’s one place it’s going. It’s also going to IAD as well later in the year having had a look at flights there the other day (on the later flight)
navylad likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Yes it's gone but it has been replaced by usually a 789 and 788 daily combo with 772 replacing the 788 some days until mid October so a lot of revenue F, Some twice daily F flights too. My main problem with the route going all 788/9 is that it makes a route already susceptible to aircraft changes even more so considering the 789 problems
aircrashsurvivor likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
Yes it's gone but it has been replaced by usually a 789 and 788 daily combo with 772 replacing the 788 some days until mid October so a lot of revenue F, Some twice daily F flights too. My main problem with the route going all 788/9 is that it makes a route already susceptible to aircraft changes even more so considering the 789 problems
Thank you Crampedin13A. I guess ill
keep a regular check for aircraft (and the resulting random seat changes that will be applied) : haven’t flow F in the 789
ive heard based on crew levels and as petty as this is bathroom numbers 🤦🏻.♂️😂 it’s disappointing
might give it a go if our flights change to 789 from 788
Old Jan 1, 2020, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
I'm in a similar situation, but on a J ticket for the summer. It's a fair bit away and I'm half hoping that the A350 will make a comeback at some point, but failing that, the other half hope is that I draw a 777 refurb with the new suite seat. 789 in the mini CW section at front will be my consolation prize. Anything worse... will leave a dent on my conscience!
Old Jan 1, 2020, 5:32 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
I’m not surprised, I’m flying 351 to YYZ this month, and it is very lightly loaded, not great utilisation of what is a valuable asset with the new CW suite and brand new aircraft which I have no doubt will make more money elsewhere l.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:29 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Sorry to read this.

Poo.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by navylad
I’m not surprised, I’m flying 351 to YYZ this month, and it is very lightly loaded, not great utilisation of what is a valuable asset with the new CW suite and brand new aircraft which I have no doubt will make more money elsewhere l.
It really was only on the short YYZ route to get the crews up to speed. Wouldn't it be more ideally suited on much longer routes than YYZ,TLV,DXB or really any North American East coast routes it currently is scheduled for? That's why I never expected it to stick after the initial 6 month period. Not even sure whether the 787-10 will ever be on the route. Plus AC has really taken over on the YYZ route. BA used to be the better option but now if you aren't tied like myself to OW as a FF other than the novelty of the new CS seat or the very cheap ex-UK BA F fares AC is a far better choice.
navylad likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 1:04 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The OP raises a potentially wider question.

We have a thread where people can consider when a route is going to get the Club Suites (CS):

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...my-flight.html

We also have threads that consider where aircraft such as the A350 may be heading. CS will shortly be available on 3 aircraft types, to complicate matters.

But what we don't have (yet) is something that can provide support to those who will lose their CS options. And this is something we are going to have live with for the next few years, since the deployment of CS isn't that fast, and as aircraft circulate around the fleet plan, it is inevitable that some routes which had CS will lose them. BA isn't in the position to say "Toronto got CS and will stick with it from here".
navylad and aircrashsurvivor like this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The OP raises a potentially wider question.

We have a thread where people can consider when a route is going to get the Club Suites (CS):

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...my-flight.html

We also have threads that consider where aircraft such as the A350 may be heading. CS will shortly be available on 3 aircraft types, to complicate matters.

But what we don't have (yet) is something that can provide support to those who will lose their CS options. And this is something we are going to have live with for the next few years, since the deployment of CS isn't that fast, and as aircraft circulate around the fleet plan, it is inevitable that some routes which had CS will lose them. BA isn't in the position to say "Toronto got CS and will stick with it from here".
thank you C-W-S. That really was the question I was asking and without being critical of the wiki: I was hoping the wiki would have a
“YYZ is losing the A350- CS as of March 30 2020:” as well as
the list of new routes : I realize that’s a lot of work and may not be even possible and incorrectly I assumed as it was on the route from Oct 2019 unless there was an “announcement”
it was coming off the route, it would remain.
as has been previously mentioned in this thread Air Canada has really taken over this route for premium service
the number and times of flights are so much better for YYZ to LHR and if it’s a revenue ticket their new signature lounge is miles above any thing BA has to offer in Toronto
LHR to YYZ T5 and CCR are still miles above Air Canada’s departure lounge at Heathrow
and if one is not travelling F T5 is still a much better terminal than the Queens terminal even for the basic Galleries Lounge
i still think BA on the 787 in CW is a great product
we never travel economy or WT+ so I can’t comment on either airline there. For now we will continue with BA.....
I do appreciate all the work that’s done in this forum. Thank you all
Old Jan 3, 2020, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
T It is mentioned by MPH1980 (I think) that it’s off the Toronto route as of March 30.
Very flattering to be quoted - but unfortunately not me. A quick look at my posting history (virtually nothing in the last 9 months!) will tell anyone who wants to look that my circumstances have changed.

I was working for a Toronto based company - hence the regular travel, but that ended in March. After 7 years of regular flights, I'm now (pretty much) grounded thanks to the new job I've taken. I did one holiday return flight back in August and an aborted Hong Kong flight was scheduled for September, but that got canned as the situation got worse there.

So I've done virtually no flying since February.

On the plus side - I have a much more generous travel policy at my new place - so when I *do* fly - it'll be in more comfortable surroundings.

Last edited by MPH1980; Jan 3, 2020 at 5:41 am
Old Jan 3, 2020, 11:53 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
we never travel economy or WT+ so I can’t comment on either airline there. For now we will continue with BA.....
I can tell you conclusively that WTP absolutely crushes AC's PE, in terms of both hard and soft product.

Last edited by Symmetre; Jan 3, 2020 at 2:29 pm Reason: fixed a missing bracket in the message quote so it displays correctly
Old Jan 3, 2020, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

[QUOTE=Symmetre;31904941]
/QUOTE]

I can tell you conclusively that WTP absolutely crushes AC's PE, in terms of both hard and soft product.
Thank you. That’s actually good to know. As the current pricing YYZ to LHR is getting silly in CW or F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.