How many miles have you flown in 2019?

Old Dec 30, 19, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA/EK/VS/TP Gold, Coutts Silk, Centurion
Originally Posted by rossmacd View Post
I no longer count (itís painful), but I reckon I broke the 200 mark sometime in mid-December. Just completed my last flight of 2019, and have 3 days respite from airports and flying which is great! Rounded out the year with my first BA Club Suites flight, which I had been waiting for quite some time.

Looks like Iíll break 10k TPs this membership year, whilst also retaining *A Gold in 2 other programmes, one of which SQ gifted me KF Gold for an unknown reason. Iím getting a little bit tired of DOH, despite the great QR product.
Jeepers.... GGLFL yet? That sounds nuts

135k or so for me this year, most in past 15 years. 50% BA.
Old Dec 30, 19, 3:25 pm

Programs: Silver, JJC (circa 1980)
Busiest year so far for me, helped a little by the fact that my daughter joined Gatwick fleet as crew in February and I've been lucky enough to join her on trips to MRU and JFK. Small potatoes for most on here, but 44,112 miles is a big deal for me!

All leisure, 24 flights
23 BA sectors
(1x EI back from DUB after IRROPS)
Includes my first First and our first AmEx241 redemption

Club when I was paying but so far always WAY down the back when travelling as a crew 'cling-on'

Can't wait to see where 2020 will take me... but CPT and MLE are on the wish list
HIDDY, T8191 and TedToToe like this.
Old Dec 30, 19, 3:31 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver
I have flown shy of 25,000 miles this year Iím quite impressed! Mostly economy and short haul. Iíve flown three long haul flights this year, one being in business class!
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Dec 30, 19, 3:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Silver, Emirates Silver Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
Busiest year yet for me 213,934 and 91 sectors but I think there may be a couple missing from that. Will make GGL for the first time by end of Jan 20. New countries: Argentina, Bosnia and Costa Rica. New airports:EZE, SJO, CGK, MXP, HAM. New airline: La Compagnie, Air Asia.
Old Dec 30, 19, 5:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
36,532 miles and 21 sectors this year, 17 of which on BA.

Highlights: Returning from LAX on the BOAC retrojet.

New destinations: MRU, ICN, NCL
New airlines: Korean Air

Last edited by TedToToe; Dec 31, 19 at 2:45 pm Reason: Mileage corrected.
Old Dec 30, 19, 6:21 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
151,971 according to FlightDiary

68 segments in Economy
just 3 in business...These are legit miles folks! None of this lie flat nonsense lol, also all leisure.

Business flights: YYZ-LIM, EWR-BOG, BOG-IAH

Shortest Flight: 35 miles YVR-ZNA (Float plane from Vancouver to Nanaimo, first ever time doing that)
Longest Flight: 8,073 miles SIN-SEA (or vice versa, couple weeks after SQ launched the flight)

New airports: CUZ, DPS, ZNA, NKG, KMG, PAE (which is great btw for anyone who can use it), MLA, NAP, OAK (PAE flights often get bumped from SFO in the AM, AS sent us to OAK then sent us all in Ubers to our destinations lol), DME (previous experience was SVO), LED, ROV (Only really went to Rostov to fly on a Sukhoi, first time ever), PNH, VTE

No BA flights at all this year, but early 2020 has 747 F and PY, narrowbody Y multiple segments already booked. Looking forward to exploring new places and trying some new products.
Old Dec 30, 19, 10:17 pm

Programs: QR Gold
76,830 miles across 32 sectors

Airlines: QR, SA, AY, BA, SK, TP, MH, AK, TZ, SQ, EI, MI

Airports: DUB, DOH, JNB, GBE, LHR, HEL, ARN, KUL, SIN, BKK, LIS
Old Dec 30, 19, 11:17 pm

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Gold
195,386 miles across 73 flights

18 Y (all SH), 54 J and 1 F (mainly LH)

EK top of my list at 129k miles, BA at 26k and AA and QR both at 13.5k each

Hopefully much less flying next year... Iím taking the eurostar to go skiing...!
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Dec 30, 19, 11:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Old Dec 31, 19, 2:22 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, BonVoy Silver
39,779, and hoping to top that a lot this year--I've only just begun, flying friends!
Old Dec 31, 19, 2:57 am

Programs: QF WP
Commercially... planned 137568km (85480miles give or take), I have no idea what that translates to with holding times, non-GC routes etc. Can probably add another 25% in non commercial flight distance

new countries
Indonesia
Nepal
South Africa
Lesotho
Swaziland
Zimbabwe
Zambia
Botswana

saw antarctica which remains the only continent I havenít visited but at least now Iíve looked at it

a paltry 85 sectors
23 on B738, 14 A320, 12 B717, surprisingly low 7 E120

new airlines
IB, HTY, YT only

i thought I had no new types but actually logged my first ever sector on a Saab 2000, and 2 on a CRJ1000 which I think is a first for me. Missed out on first ever sector on Beech 1900D due to cloud over the himalaya 🙄 (well I think my first time on a 1900D, may possibly have done a sector in 2001)

first BA mileage since 2015

2020 booked 54680km, no new countries planned at this time but really only one trip booked
New airlines will be CX and 3K
Flying Yazata and TedToToe like this.

Last edited by nancypants; Dec 31, 19 at 4:44 am
Old Dec 31, 19, 3:08 am
Hilton 5+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: OW Sapphire (BA), *A Gold (A3), Le Club Accor Gold, HHonor Diamond
Total number of flights: 58

Total miles flown: 48 309

Airlines flown: 9 (LH, OS, AY, A3, EC, U2, SK, LA, LO)

S
hortest Flight: STR-MUC

Longest Flight: PVG-VIE

New countries visited: 2 (Palestine, Latvia), bringing my total to 46

Airports visited: 25

Best flight experience: I would say hat both OS J and AY J day flights are at the top of the list. I was well fed and entertained during 10 hours.

Worst flight experience: none stand up but I have to say that all short flights with inconsiderate people start to annoy me, people who receive/make phone calls during approach, put music without headphones, shove their way around.

Best airport experience: I appreciate more and more small european airports with no crowd and a nice lounge. This year RIX, GDN, FLR are the winner. Special mention to FLR for the sporty landing and take off procedures.

Worst airport experience: All German airport I did this year.. FRA, TXL and STR win the prize for the rudest, most ignorant staff and management. MUC is the exception.

Best lounge visited: Panorama lounge at FRA , who is now my usual haunt.

Worst lounge visited VIE SEN lounge is hugely disappointing.

Most memorable travel experience: Jerusalem for sure. Seeing those mythical and historical place was priceless, plus the friendliness of the people.

This year was good, I visited a few new cities to countries I have been (loved Florence and Gdańsk, Shanghai was fascinating), went back to old favourites (Berlin, Hambourg, Budapest, Vienna) and was somewhat disappointed by Bratislava and Barcelona. Went to Bangkok for the second time and loved it, and finally I was miffed to miss Sarajevo due to IRROPS.

Old Dec 31, 19, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd View Post
I no longer count (itís painful), but I reckon I broke the 200 mark sometime in mid-December. Just completed my last flight of 2019, and have 3 days respite from airports and flying which is great! Rounded out the year with my first BA Club Suites flight, which I had been waiting for quite some time.

Looks like Iíll break 10k TPs this membership year, whilst also retaining *A Gold in 2 other programmes, one of which SQ gifted me KF Gold for an unknown reason. Iím getting a little bit tired of DOH, despite the great QR product.
Have you got a Platinum Amex and did the Shangri-La status through it? They have/had a tie up with SQ - gold status if you do 4 business class flights in, I think it was, 90 days.

I did two returns about 6 months apart and they still gave me it - quite unexpected
Old Dec 31, 19, 3:39 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
62 flights for 114k miles for me this year - only been tracking for 6 years, but I've been surprisingly consistent at 64 (+/-2) segments and 110-140k miles. 3 flights in J (the great BA JNB 'holiday' deal in January for £940 return plus a QR NBO-DOH opup), everything else in Y. No new airlines, only one new airport... JUB. Next year likely to be at the top end of the range, with 4 trips/ c 35k miles planned for Jan and Feb...
Old Dec 31, 19, 3:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
  • 50,422 miles from 32 flights
  • 19J, 1 WT+, 12 Y (mostly positioning flights and inter island hops)
  • QR 8, BA 6, MH 6
  • Best flight - MH A330 in the throne seat from DPS - KUL
  • Worst flight - Liat from Grenada to Barbados that departed at 6:55am (do I hate early morning flights)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: