Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways Flight Pass

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2019, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
British Airways Flight Pass

I am looking into the British Airways Flight Pass as I regularly fly Manchester to London. Does anyone have experience or views on the pass?

Also, what class are these tickets ie how many Tier Points and Avios will I get for each flight.

If I purchase with my BA AMEX, is this treated as a BA purchase and do I get double Avios?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by ademanuele
I am looking into the British Airways Flight Pass as I regularly fly Manchester to London. Does anyone have experience or views on the pass?

Also, what class are these tickets ie how many Tier Points and Avios will I get for each flight.

If I purchase with my BA AMEX, is this treated as a BA purchase and do I get double Avios?
Persoanally I think it is good value if you regularly make last minute trips to MaN, but if you know when you’ll be travelling, it usually works out cheaper to book in advance if you are prepared to be flexible (with a good chance of SDFC).

Yes for Avios on your BA Amex and you’d get Avios and TP for your flight (expect 10 for Y I would guess)

Last edited by navylad; Dec 30, 2019 at 2:21 am
Old Dec 30, 2019, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks, yes, booking well in advance does work out cheaper, but I like the idea of being able to book 30 days in advance (this is the flexibility I would be looking for though I know that you can pay more for greater flexibiity)...
Old Dec 30, 2019, 2:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I find it very good value for travelling between EDI - LCY, where it is usually half the cost of peak time flights.

If you choose the ‘book up to 4 hours before freedom option’ then you get full TP, so 20, all other options get 10. The fare classes are explained in the FAQ. Only economy is available.

Also confirm that the cost comes through as BA to AMEX.
argonath likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 2:18 am

I’ve made good use of this personally, using the 60, 30 or 14 day options depending on what it’s for - check the pricing for your flexibility option and see if it works for you.

it’s economy only, and 10TPs per sector.

There are quite a few threads on this already, this one seems to be the most extensive:

Flight Pass

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.