"The only airline that understand is BA"

Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Good grief - it’s really not that complicated! 2005 = BA still (perceived) in the UK by most people as a ‘proper’ airline compared against EasyJet which was unashamedly ‘no frills’ and very much in the zeitgeist due to the Airline series on ITV.
masmadrid likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Missing the point of the thread but.....my daughters were Baby Ian in Peep Show.
OhDoctor likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Originally Posted by Newly Wed
Missing the point of the thread but.....my daughters were Baby Ian in Peep Show.
Wow, that's awesome! It's one of my favorite shows. The point of the thread was I wanted British people to explain why that aviation-themed exchange was funny. I guess maybe it's obvious to some people, but the explanations here have been pretty good.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Originally Posted by Bobbie2013
Good grief - its really not that complicated! 2005 = BA still (perceived) in the UK by most people as a proper airline compared against EasyJet which was unashamedly no frills and very much in the zeitgeist due to the Airline series on ITV.
Never heard of that show, but reading up about it makes the reference a little clearer.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I can't help feeling that the OP - and some other contributors to this thread - are over-analysing this throwaway line.

It's Peep Show. Not everything has to make sense, and sometimes it's not possible to explain why something is funny (and especially not to a non-Brit). It's the tone of voice, the look on Robert Webb's face, the personal dynamics, the whole situation. Just roll with it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.