Community
Wiki Posts
Search

£10 massage

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
While it's a deserved well done on your eureka moment, i'll venture the guess that many of us were wondering where your imagination would take you on that one!
SOA is Dutch for STD, so I get the confusion.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by ermis177
Disagree. It is in line with BA policy/culture. You need to pay something extra even in First.
The Qatar Airways Spa in Doha charges First class customers to use the facilities including showers and treatments. A shower alone can set you back around £40.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by nancypants
There is a paid for menu of upgraded options now but I don’t think it includes happy endings (for which £10 would be rather cheap )
As you seem to be the expert on the subject, what should the price be. And are there any discounts for pensioners.
Crampedin13A and T8191 like this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher
Out of curiosity, what else would someone on an F ticket need to pay?

seat assignment?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
No, they’re free for everyone on an F ticket.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:39 am

No, they’re free for everyone on an F ticket.
So far
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Was that offered at some F lounge in BKK

Jokes aside, I've seen this year at DPS a massage parlour where they especially had to mention 'no happy ending' ��
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Out of curiosity, what else would someone on an F ticket need to pay?
I am sure AC will come up with some ideas.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by icegirl
The Qatar Airways Spa in Doha charges First class customers to use the facilities including showers and treatments. A shower alone can set you back around £40.
Thats factually incorrect. You can have a very nice hotel room with lovely bathroom shower including wonderful towels and bathrobe in Al Safwa at no cost for at least four hours. If you wish you can also access the very nice shower only options in Al Mourjan. There are also nice showers in the Doha lounges that OWS/OWE can access if not flying in premium cabin. None of these four options resemble a decaying hospital type shower type set up found across BA's LHR lounges so perhaps it threw you off ?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:52 am

True. Totally rip off in my opinion. Although Al Safwa is one of the best F lounges.
icegirl likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Fly_IAD
Thats factually incorrect. You can have a very nice hotel room with lovely bathroom shower including wonderful towels and bathrobe in Al Safwa at no cost for at least four hours. If you wish you can also access the very nice shower only options in Al Mourjan. There are also nice showers in the Doha lounges that OWS/OWE can access if not flying in premium cabin. None of these four options resemble a decaying hospital type shower type set up found across BA's LHR lounges so perhaps it threw you off ?
I think icegirl was referring to the Spa only. Indeed the nap room is miles away compare to the BA ones.
icegirl likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I was offered three facial options for £10 each. But the treatment time is 15 min as usual, you can only choose one. However, during the treatment, you can use a heated bed (sorry but I cannot remember what exactly is) for another £10 or £15 (I can't remember either).

It's my very first time to be offered chargeable menus, I am a bit confused.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Huh??? The QR approach is far from perfect - massages and hairdresser are indeed paid for, but I have never ever paid for a shower at the QR lounges - that includes - literally - dozens of showers across the Al Safwa (F passengers), Al Mourjan (J pax), and "first class lounge" (OWE not travelling F or J).

Edit: Sorry Fly_IAD beat me to it!
KARFA and Fly_IAD like this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 9:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Orbitmic, Fly_IAD & ermis177 - I was simply referring to the spa alone and not the lounge.

More good news for you with regards to the NHS themed BA LHR showers, from an inside source at BA, they like the rest of the LHR lounges are NOT on the priority list to be done anytime soon. But when they do I wonder if they have considered open communal showers?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 9:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Orbitmic, Fly_IAD & ermis177 - I was simply referring to the spa alone and not the lounge.
....A shower alone can set you back around £40.
See here for chargeable treatments in the spa, showers are not chargeable and a shower alone will not set you back anything https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25813397-post418.html

Have you been charged for a shower in the al safwa?
orbitmic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.