T3 hotel from a T5 connection

Old Dec 28, 19, 10:40 am
Original Poster

T3 hotel from a T5 connection

A bit of advice please.

Weíre flying CDG-LHR-PHL-SFO during the summer all on one BA ticket but the LHR-PHL-SFO on AA metal. We are overnighting in LHR, arrive about 5pm into T5 and leave the following morning about 10am from T3.

Iíve overnighted before but all on BA metal and it was thru checked and we didnít have to collect it on the overnight connection, Will this also apply BA-AA?

If so, whatís the best hotel option? Iíve stayed at Sofitel & Thistle T5 but no other Heathrow hotels. Would we be best to stay in a T5 one and make our way to T3 the next day? Or could we just hop onto a flight connections bus when we land in T5 and once we get to T3 we go airside and stay in a hotel there / near there? Hilton Garden Inn T2? Aerotel T3?

Thanks for the help guys
Old Dec 28, 19, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC gold, M&M FQTV
On one ticket your bags should be through-checked. I regularly do BA to LHR and then AA onwards and have never had a problem.

The Sofitel is a nice hotel and very convenient to T5 but definitely the most expensive at LHR. If money is no object go with the Sofitel and take the Heathrow Express to T3 the next morning. The other choice at the airport is the HGI at T3, also expensive and that would involve taking the train to T3 after you arrive and then walking to the hotel.

All other on-airport hotels are at T4 (Hilton, Crowne Plaza, etc.) but that involves trains aplenty.

Another option and the one I use most for connections are the hotels to the north of the airport in the free transport zone (Marriott, Hyatt Place, Holiday Inn etc.). After arriving at T5 you take the free 423 bus to any of those and the next morning take another free bus (the 105, 111, etc) to T3. See https://www.businesstraveller.com/fe...e-travel-zone/ for the map with bus routes and hotels.

Finally, there are other off airport hotels (like the Hilton T5) connect to Heathrow by the Hoppa buses (9 Pounds return; kids are free) which also serve the hotels to the north of the airport if you don't want to catch the free buses.
Old Dec 28, 19, 10:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Any hotel on the bath road. You can then take the 423 from t5 and an other bus to the central bus station next day. As far as harlington corner on the bath road the bus is free (holiday inn ariel).
Old Dec 28, 19, 11:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
There is a new Aerotel at T3 that I keep getting Facebook Ads for, can’t endorse it but it’s there for convenience. Failing that any hotel on Bath Road would be fine, For ease get the Hoppa to the hotel from T5 and get the free TFL bus back to the Central Bus Station where T3 is a Short walk away.

The Renaissance can often be found for around £60 and the Premier Inn on Bath Road has good rates too.
Old Dec 28, 19, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Having just stayed there, Iíd say head over to the new Hilton Garden Inn - which is actually at T2 but T2/3 are pretty much side by side. Get the train across to T2/3 station and then turn left for T2 - the HGI is across the short stay car park. There is a nice top floor bar, with good views (and top floor prices) as well as another bar and a restaurant on the first floor.

it is a 5 - 10 minute walk the next day to T3.
Old Dec 28, 19, 12:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Last time I had an overnight connection at LHR I hopped the HEX and stayed in town. The Hilton Paddington is just as convenient, if not more, than any hotel on Bath Road, and you can actually do something that evening rather than be stuck out at the airport.
Old Dec 28, 19, 12:41 pm
McG

Programs: BAEC
I stayed at the Aerotel recently. If your looking for somewhere convenient to get your head down for a few hours then it's ideal. I arrived just after 10pm from T5 having got the Hex over, and left the next morning just after 6am as I wanted to grab breakfast and do a bit of lounge hopping before my flight to Haneda.
Probably of a similar level to a Premier Inn in terms of comfort and facilities. They are still advertising the 30% off rate.

Premier Inn T4 is also good. You can get the 490 bus from T5 to it. It's the stop after T4 and involves crossing a road. Next day you can then get tube from T4 to T2/3.
TravelManBiz likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: