Search

Early Singapore check in experience?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Early Singapore check in experience?

Hi all!
Does anyone have any experience of early
check in at Changi? We are on the late night 2315 flight and thinking about booking the Aerotel in Terminal 1 for the afternoon evening but I’m reading that we would need to check in at the “early check in lounge” and I’m getting a little confused. Any help and tips would be welcome. Thanks!
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:19 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Jewel Early Check-in | Singapore Changi Airport

Here’s some details on early check in. You can definitely check in early at The Jewel which is attached to T1
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:19 pm

The shared business class check in lounge (that BA uses along with other airlines) is open throughout the day. Otherwise can also check in at Jewel.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Thank you so much! So I definitely have to check in at the Jewel which actually works out great because we can explore that and then head over to terminal one and go through to the Aerotel. We will have lounge access but I don’t think I want to be in a lounge for 10 hours. The Aerotel has a pool etc which sounds nice. Thanks again.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
I was there a few days ago, and carted all my luggage over to the Jewel check in to find no sign of BA. Just short of 4 hours before the flight. Lugged my luggage over to the premium checkin, and asked there and was told that after 5pm BA dont bother with having check in at Jewel since their own check in desks are open. No mention anywhere online of that of course, so great fun to be had pushing your luggage all over the place.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by aceman
I was there a few days ago, and carted all my luggage over to the Jewel check in to find no sign of BA. Just short of 4 hours before the flight. Lugged my luggage over to the premium checkin, and asked there and was told that after 5pm BA dont bother with having check in at Jewel since their own check in desks are open. No mention anywhere online of that of course, so great fun to be had pushing your luggage all over the place.
Interesting to know. I used it when flying on QR and checked in at the early check in desk at The Jewel at about 3hrs 5mins prior to the flight. The Jewel website also states:

From 3 hours to 12 hours before departure, from 0600hrs to 2359hrs.
For BA. (See here: Jewel ECI Airlines)
Old Dec 28, 2019, 1:08 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
Interesting to know. I used it when flying on QR and checked in at the early check in desk at The Jewel at about 3hrs 5mins prior to the flight. The Jewel website also states:

For BA. (See here: Jewel ECI Airlines)
thats the site I looked at, in addition to it being displayed on the monitors in Jewel directly where BA should be. After walking around aimlessly looking for them, I walked over to one of the other airlines desks and asked where BA were. They said if there's no desk displaying the logo its because they've opened their check in in the terminal. Given that I was well within the timeframe I was a little irritated. If they are changing things that have been published it would be nice of them to say so somewhere.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 2:05 am

Programs: BAEC
We had the exact same experience in September, quite frustrating at the time.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 12:23 am
Original Poster

We checked in at the Jewel 10 hours before the flight with no issues. Thanks for your help everyone.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 6:42 am

thats the site I looked at, in addition to it being displayed on the monitors in Jewel directly where BA should be. After walking around aimlessly looking for them, I walked over to one of the other airlines desks and asked where BA were. They said if there's no desk displaying the logo its because they've opened their check in in the terminal. Given that I was well within the timeframe I was a little irritated. If they are changing things that have been published it would be nice of them to say so somewhere.
I can image how annoying this is. Did you tell the premium checkin folks to update the website?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.