Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Enhancing stubble? [No shave gel in F amenity kit]

Enhancing stubble? [No shave gel in F amenity kit]

Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:30 pm
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Originally Posted by DFB_london
It seems a struggle to understand why if you need a razor and gel you wouldn’t travel with your own anyway. A quick look a fellow travellers’ plastic bags at security says most do.
If I really like a product I’ll go and buy it - like some of the JAL F stuff. But, I think it’s reckless to demand it is included in every amenities bag just so the odd few % can use it while the rest is hugely wasteful.
Well done BA for this change - and as pointed out earlier it sounds like it’s on request. I only wish they make more of the contents ‘on request’.
Forgetfulness... the same reason they include a tooth brush and deodorant or have sanitary napkins in the bathroom. Perhaps to reduce waste they could take a leaf out of hotels or other airlines and either provide a list of ‘available on request’ or stock the lavatory with these items. These products aren’t typically sold and it’s not part of a persons normal routine to purchase them in travel size.

It’s not wasted... most people use it in one way or another. You can decline the kits, share one with my partner, regift them to guests staying over or donate them to the homeless shelter.

I struggle to understand the psyche of a purchaser of F class tickets, who has the foresight and the inclination to make trips to the dollar store and keep a personal stock of bulk travel toiletries.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:37 pm
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Apparently the travel spa offers shaves too... though I’ve not ever met anyone that’s actually been able to use that service. Merely read the press release a year or two back and noticed the existence of perpetually empty barber chairs.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:38 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by amt
I struggle to understand the psyche of a purchaser of F class tickets, who has the foresight and the inclination to make trips to the dollar store and keep a personal stock of bulk travel toiletries.
Given my recent reference to Dollar General above, I'm wondering whether you're referring to me? If so, I find those travel shaving foam products great value but more importantly, ideally suited for HBO travel in any class. I've traveled from the US to Europe, Middle East, India and the Far East without once having a problem through security. I don't quite understand your point though. Are you suggesting that those traveling F should only purchase top end shaving foam? I don't use cheap disposable razors as I find they leave me in a bit of a mess.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:44 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by amt
I wouldn't knowingly buy a First ticket, nor do I make trips to dollar/Pound stores. However I do keep my travel bag ready, clothes in, clothes out, the rest stays permanently in the bag, including travel liquids in the requisite bag. The liquids need topping up every few months, mainly the Floris No. 89 since it doesn't keep for long, but all told it's just a 2 minute job. It seems less work than any alternative.
navylad likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 6:15 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
This is the stuff I take while travelling HBO

Amazon Amazon

So what exactly is the rule, a razor head like a mach 3 should be fine? Mind you I've switched to the infinitely better and cheaper Dorco 6 bladed razors which may be pushing it a bit!
Old Dec 28, 2019, 2:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by aceman
So what exactly is the rule, a razor head like a mach 3 should be fine? Mind you I've switched to the infinitely better and cheaper Dorco 6 bladed razors which may be pushing it a bit!
Both are fine, so long as the blades cannot be easily detached from their embedded cartridge, but not the detachable blades used in a safety or straight razor. Safety razors are ok in hand luggage, so long as there are no blades in the razor or elsewhere in hand luggage. However I wouldn't advise doing so since it will almost certainly get a secondary, may lead to questions about where the blades are, and some security agents may be unhappy about you going through with the razor. Ditto a barber's straight razor. But any disposable razor or a pack of fixed blades in a embedded cartridge is OK.
aceman likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 2:19 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
On a more important topic, does anyone use the F toothbrush !

Its just so soft its like wiping your teeth with a tissue!
Old Dec 28, 2019, 2:42 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Please people, don't throw away your unused items like a toothbrush and moisturiser from your amenity kit. There are homeless shelters which may appreciate you donating those items. It will have two good effects: reduce unnecessary plastic waste and put them to good use.

I usually accumulate around 10 sectors worth and then sort them into different items and send them in.

Originally Posted by allturnleft
On a more important topic, does anyone use the F toothbrush !

Its just so soft its like wiping your teeth with a tissue!
I used to like the really hard and rather large DR Harris one which is great for cleaning the hard-to-reach area of the sink!
Can I help you and Lucanesque like this.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Dec 28, 2019 at 4:47 am
Old Dec 28, 2019, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
They are available on request.
I requested a shaving kit and it was only the razor the crew had on request, not the gel.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I will have to check this.
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: BAEC
I always thought it was odd that the kit included shave gel but the razor was on request. Think including the face wash is much more sensible.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The razors were taken out because the bags are also given to children.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 8:22 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The razors were taken out because the bags are also given to children.
What next, plastic sippy cups instead of glassware?!
Old Dec 28, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by absoluy
What next, plastic sippy cups instead of glassware?!
That’s a little bit different; children can use glassware but rarely would a child use a shaver. Unless they’re growing up more quickly than I did
Old Dec 28, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
The old F shaving gel (Refinery) was absolutely fantastic (heads and tails above Elemis). Too bad that's gone, but as many have said, the current shaving gel is still a nice addition to the F kit since it works well for short trips where you go HBO and therefore can't take a full can of something. Same for the small tubes of toothpaste.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.