Thank you from Ba. Enjoy your upgrade

Old Dec 24, 19, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Thank you from Ba. Enjoy your upgrade

Colleague of mine got an upgrade from economy to club world (skipping wtp) on ba183 tonight. She is Baec blue so no status. Itís an AA ticket. Any ideas why this happened?

Boarding pass states: thank you from Ba - enjoy your upgrade. Anyone has seen this before?

and merry Christmas to you all

Last edited by Nephoi; Dec 24, 19 at 11:17 am
Old Dec 24, 19, 11:20 am

Most flights throughout the network are well overbooked in Economy over the next 3 days or so, and pretty wide open in Club, so these are op-ups by another name. You'll be seeing that a lot in the coming days.
Old Dec 24, 19, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Thank you. Sounds reasonable

op-up means regular tp of economy? Cause Upgrade isnít paid?
Old Dec 24, 19, 11:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Normal TPs, you get what you paid for here, and even "bank errors" tend not to happen on this one.

See the main upgrade thread for further examples of this happening, but involuntary upgrades are a feature of travel on BA, but totally non-predictable for obvious reasons, BA goes out of its way to prevent second-guessing this.
Nephoi and nyjoe4 like this.
Old Dec 24, 19, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Nephoi View Post
Colleague of mine got an upgrade from economy to club world (skipping wtp) on ba183 tonight. She is Baec blue so no status. Itís an AA ticket. Any ideas why this happened?

Boarding pass states: thank you from Ba - enjoy your upgrade. Anyone has seen this before?

and merry Christmas to you all
my party of 3 (all blue) got moved from wt to wtp on ba183 tomo

did your colleague get both upgrades online/check in or at the gate?

hoping for a second one!!!
Nephoi and Markie like this.
Old Dec 24, 19, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smithyr4 View Post
my party of 3 (all blue) got moved from wt to wtp on ba183 tomo

did your colleague get both upgrades online/check in or at the gate?

hoping for a second one!!!

i checked her in online yesterday and she got Economy window seat, I clicked on Ąpick up at the airportď cause she neither has a printer nor a smartphone

she went to the checking counter at TXL today and she got printed her boarding pass with The CW seat.

hth
Old Dec 24, 19, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Nephoi View Post
Yes, I have seen that message.
Old Dec 24, 19, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist View Post
Yes, I have seen that message.
I've not got the energy to find it by I saw someone posted their boarding pass that said this last week or so!
Nephoi likes this.
Old Dec 25, 19, 12:30 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
BA often upgrades blues over higher status members, supposedly as an incentive for them to book higher cabins in the future, but double upgrades seem rare.
Old Dec 25, 19, 2:46 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Old Dec 25, 19, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Balan's Frequent Eater, Trying to convince my local to offer a reward program
I've only ever been op-upped on BA as a blue. It's happened three times, all up one cabin, and each of those times something had been funny with my AA OWE FFN sticking in my BA plated booking. I have no idea if I'm some kind of data point, but the odds of this being a coincidence seem low to me.
Old Dec 25, 19, 6:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Arsey00 View Post
I've only ever been op-upped on BA as a blue. It's happened three times, all up one cabin, and each of those times something had been funny with my AA OWE FFN sticking in my BA plated booking. I have no idea if I'm some kind of data point, but the odds of this being a coincidence seem low to me.
Appreciate you are a BA Blue - but also a OWE, so not exactly absolute bottom rung / complete nobody!
Old Dec 25, 19, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Balan's Frequent Eater, Trying to convince my local to offer a reward program
What I meant was that it has only happened when my emerald FFN didn't stick properly, so from what BA could see, I was bottom rung.
Old Dec 25, 19, 6:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
My daughter (BAEC Silver) also got a double upgrade from WT to CW on BA 183 25/12. She bought the flight on the half price Avios redemption offer so is having a very happy (if long) Christmas Day.
krispy84 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: