Wiki Posts
Search

MIA-LON: Help finding redemption

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2019, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Centurion, Virgin Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
MIA-LON: Help finding redemption

I am looking to fly MIA-LON on 14th or 15th Jan, Business or First. I have Avios and Krisflyer (Star Alliance) points I'd like to use.

As a backup option I have just booked Bermuda-LGW in First on 15th Jan. I can then book a cash flight from MIA-Bermuda on the 14th however it is not my preference to do a 24-hour layover in Bermuda so if anyone has a better suggestion please do let me know. I'd prefer the extra 24 hours in MIA.

Many thanks
Old Dec 24, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Is there a finder's fee?
etiene and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 4:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Air Italy again from JFK on 15 January?

Alternatively if you think you could survive in WTP (I gather it's close to a 100% chance), book the MIA-EWR-LHR service on 14 January, and then change it to CW, which I suspect would become available approximately 2 days before departure.

BDA is a good one, I've done that a few times too, however I wouldn't bother overnighting in BDA, it's hugely expensive and so long as you are on the morning service to BDA you can make your LGW flight quite easily. It's not a big airport.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Air Italy again from JFK on 15 January?
I'd like to avoid two connections if I can.

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
BDA is a good one, I've done that a few times too, however I wouldn't bother overnighting in BDA, it's hugely expensive and so long as you are on the morning service to BDA you can make your LGW flight quite easily. It's not a big airport.
I'm only seeing one flight per day from MIA which arrives in BDA at 9:55 pm. The BDA-LGW flight is at 7:55 pm. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Old Dec 24, 2019, 4:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
FlyerTalk can’t release any more seats than are visible to all users of the relevant websites or call centres.
fotographer likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Someone on here recommended a new website on here a few weeks ago when I was looking for MIA/LON redemptions and they e-mail me most days now with availability on the dates I input. It worked really well for me. Seatspy.com it's called. Give it a try.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Can't pull up availability but I'd look at:

MIA-MAD, BCN, MXP, CDG on IB/AA
TPA-LGW
MCO-LGW
Old Dec 24, 2019, 6:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by controlz
I'm only seeing one flight per day from MIA which arrives in BDA at 9:55 pm. The BDA-LGW flight is at 7:55 pm. Am I missing something?
My apologies, I hadn't realised how much the service has been scaled back from my previous visits. Even looking at other airlines it's difficult to get to BDA in the mornings now (except from JFK, which obviously isn't helpful).
Old Dec 24, 2019, 6:14 am

There seems to be space in premium economy on MIA-LHR on the 15th. Not ideal but not a bad starting place for upgrades or changes and worth holding if you absolutely must travel.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cymro
There seems to be space in premium economy on MIA-LHR on the 15th. Not ideal but not a bad starting place for upgrades or changes and worth holding if you absolutely must travel.
How often does CW availability come up last minute? I assume you can only upgrade to CW if reward availability comes up?
Old Dec 24, 2019, 8:09 am

How often does CW availability come up last minute? I assume you can only upgrade to CW if reward availability comes up?
Fairly often, and if economy is oversold you've a reasonable chance of being rolled forward into CW for free if you have status or BA targets you. If the cabin is quiet you should be able to get a reduced price cash upgrade at the airport. But you can only use miles to upgrade (technically, it's a change rather than a fare that's upgradeable with miles) if there's availabilty in the cabin.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
You can often pay into CW at the airport
Old Dec 30, 2019, 2:46 am
Original Poster

I've managed to book MIA-PHL-LHR. Is that pretty efficient?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.