Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Mixbury
The galley is to the rear.
Quite right my bad, still 2,3 A/K remain the best choice as a solo traveler
Old Dec 25, 2019, 4:08 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by ClubflyerLondon
Quite right my bad, still 2,3 A/K remain the best choice as a solo traveler
There are certainly no advantages to row 1 over them, other than the ego boost obv!
Old Dec 25, 2019, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
There are certainly no advantages to row 1 over them, other than the ego boost obv!
I prefer 1A/K and many others do. Those are the only F seats in the BA fleet that mean no seat next to you as the middle pair starts quite a bit behind you. I like 2A/K and 2A/K too but a bit less, and 4A/K can have quite a bit of galley noise (in fact, even row 3 can and that was a bit annoying on my last flight in 3A a couple of weeks ago).

It's completely fine that you - and many others - prefer other seats, indeed, every possible cabin will have people disagreeing on what are their favourite or least liked seats, and it is great that we are not all fighting for the same ones as it increases the number of people happy with the seats that they can pick, but why make assumptions about a supposedly egotistic rationale for those of us who have a different seat preference from yours? (and to be honest, enough people probably derive ego boosts from travelling F in the first place that some magic seat number is unlikely to add much to that phenomenon!)
Old Dec 25, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
I didn’t say I preferred others, only they had no real advantage on the 380.

You’re right though, I guess they are the only seats in the cabin from which you can’t see anyone else, which will create the illusion of being up there alone!
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Echo the fact that 1K on the A380 is noisy due to the cupboard door being opened and closed frequently by crew throughout the flight. Maybe they could have contracted Magnet to fit soft closing doors! But then it would probably fall off after a few months of use....
Old Dec 25, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I prefer 1A/K and many others do. Those are the only F seats in the BA fleet that mean no seat next to you as the middle pair starts quite a bit behind you. I like 2A/K and 2A/K too but a bit less, and 4A/K can have quite a bit of galley noise (in fact, even row 3 can and that was a bit annoying on my last flight in 3A a couple of weeks ago).

It's completely fine that you - and many others - prefer other seats, indeed, every possible cabin will have people disagreeing on what are their favourite or least liked seats, and it is great that we are not all fighting for the same ones as it increases the number of people happy with the seats that they can pick, but why make assumptions about a supposedly egotistic rationale for those of us who have a different seat preference from yours? (and to be honest, enough people probably derive ego boosts from travelling F in the first place that some magic seat number is unlikely to add much to that phenomenon!)
Ditto. 1A in particular is very quiet and very private. On routes like LAX where the F cabin can on occasion resemble a bad reality TV show (often caused by the "celebrities" who star in bad reality TV shows), the peace and quiet guaranteed by sitting in 1A is appreciated.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
You’re right though, I guess they are the only seats in the cabin from which you can’t see anyone else, which will create the illusion of being up there alone!
Yes, that's a very good summary of what I think man of us like about it even if we understand what some others dislike.

As always, end seats (bulkheads, last row) come with an element of risk. For instance, many of us prefer the last row of CW cabins (e.g. 3A/K on a 788, 7A/K on a 789, 64A/K on a 744 UD, etc) because they are window seats from which one needn't climb on anyone, but conversely, they can be most exposed to toilet and galley passage and noise, so if you are unlucky, crew are loud, passengers don't close the cabin curtain when going through etc, you are more exposed.

So virtually all seats with distinguishable potential advantages also typically come with their own risks and arbitration between the two is very individual. For instance, my partner prefers to avoid 1A/K on the 388 or those last cabin row windows in CW because she is more sensitive to noise than me and more easily disturbed. By contrast, I really enjoy feelings of privacy and seats that give me a (fake) impression of a smaller, more intimate cabin, so for me, neighbourless 1A/K or 7A/K on a 789 J or 64A on a 744J are my "ideal" seats, whilst she'd choose 2A/K, 5A/K or 62A/K instead in the same configuration. I'd also choose 1A/K on a 744 regardless of whether I am travelling with her or alone whilst she would only choose it when we travel together.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
The new J seat is good, but it’s not that good. I still much prefer the F cabin.
Plus F lounges/Concorde room and F catering. It's a no brainer! Only thing that would keep me in BA J over F is the price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.