Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can I predict if your next BA flight will be delayed or cancelled?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, LY, QF, UA, HH

With the kind blessing of the moderators, I wanted to share a project I've been working on to predict if your BA flight is going to be delayed or cancelled. London has some pretty unique things to deal with this time of year: fog, strikes in adjacent airspace, a lot of staff who'd really like to take time off for Christmas, ground congestion, and holiday crowds.

Enter your email address and a flight number (including a connection) here: https://content.gozenner.com/free-fl...ssment-ba.html and you'll get a free (brief) risk assessment, an update if we change our prediction, and a list of alternate flights if it looks like you're about to experience problems. We've tried hard to think through some of the key factors that affect BA operations (and that we can track), and we're looking forward to applying our algorithm to your next flight!

Merry Christmas, Happy Channukah, and Happy Holidays,

EPA
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA
Some feedback, if I may..
  1. Why is your privacy policy hidden away in the last question of your FAQ page?
  2. Why do you have an opt-out for third party marketing communications, rather than an opt-in? This isn't informed consent.
MaddyC and peaches070 like this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Pointless.
BA don’t understand ‘all reasonable measures’ and ‘re-routing at earliest convenience’.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by richardwft
Pointless.
BA don’t understand ‘all reasonable measures’ and ‘re-routing at earliest convenience’.
That's why we're tracking flights on other carriers, our sense is the solution is sometimes to buy a ticket on another carrier rather than wait for the alternate BA option.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlbaGuBrath
Some feedback, if I may..
  1. Why is your privacy policy hidden away in the last question of your FAQ page?
  2. Why do you have an opt-out for third party marketing communications, rather than an opt-in? This isn't informed consent.
Thanks for the feedback, we weren't really looking to hide anything when it comes to privacy, we also tried to keep everything optional in the form as much as possible, and with as few checkboxes as possible. When we give things the next pass, we'll try and improve the privacy/consent part of it.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEC
Very interesting. I’m very interested in this space and building new products to benefit people. This may become quite useful for the very frequent flyers. I can’t see the masses adopting this. Good luck with the product.
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
from your FAQs

Q - Do you have a prviacy policy?

A - Absolutly

"Absolutly" is not a privacy policy!

Is this even a proper project when you are already selling your plans?
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by muscat
The answer is maybe, but not by advertising on flyertalk:
prohibited - content that offers, promotes, advertises or provides links to unsolicited products or services
We're not trying to sell anything to the forum members, we're really trying to test out our predictions, and we requested permission from the moderators to post the link.
rockflyertalk and nancypants like this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by expataus
That's why we're tracking flights on other carriers, our sense is the solution is sometimes to buy a ticket on another carrier rather than wait for the alternate BA option.
I know that, I know EU reg EC261:2004, the Consumer Rights Act 2015, Limitation Act 1980, I ain’t gonna sign up with you, it’s a no brainer.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
from your FAQs

Q - Do you have a prviacy policy?

A - Absolutly

"Absolutly" is not a privacy policy!

Is this even a proper project when you are already selling your plans?
It’s not great...but click on ‘Absolutely’
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:34 pm
Suspended

We're not trying to sell anything to the forum members.....
Delete your link https://gozenner.com/pricing/ from your website then.
UKtravelbear likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by richardwft
I know that, I know EU reg EC261:2004, the Consumer Rights Act 2015, Limitation Act 1980, I ain’t gonna sign up with you, it’s a no brainer.
That's fair, although sometimes when there's one seat left on the next flight, and I really want to get home, I'm more concerned with getting that seat than thinking about what my EU261 payout will be.
cgtechuk likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
It’s not great...but click on ‘Absolutely’
It's not obvioius that this is a link

I agree - "It's not great" - it's the sort of thing you should have sorted out before releasing it.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:40 pm
Suspended

...although sometimes when there's one seat left on the next flight, and I really want to get home, I'm more concerned with getting that seat....
I’ve frequently re-routed myself on the next flight, I don’t need you to do it, and then sorted things with the airline later.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
It's not obvioius that this is a link

I agree - "It's not great" - it's the sort of thing you should have sorted out before releasing it.
I agree a simple click here for our privacy policy is a lot more straightforward, rather trying to be cool or fun with the word ‘absolutely’

Product UX will be key here for users.
expataus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.