Search

Big Coat when flying Club?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2019, 4:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Big Coat when flying Club?

Hi,

Sorry if this is a well known thing. I am flying Club long haul soon, and I will probably need to take a big heavy coat woollen coat. The sort you wear over a suit.
Do 777s have space to hang this, or is my best bet to fold it and put it in the overhead locker?
Old Dec 23, 2019, 4:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There is hanger space on 777s (and hooks in both CW and CS seats for temporary storage) but given the large number of coats forgotten on board it may be best to have the coat in baggage, cabin or checked.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There is hanger space on 777s (and hooks in both CW and CS seats for temporary storage) but given the large number of coats forgotten on board it may be best to have the coat in baggage, cabin or checked.
Agree with CWS, if you can pack it in your suitcase where it's easily accessible when you get to the other side it makes the journey so much easier. i do this when going to/from Australia although admittedly my coat won't be as big as the one you need for Moscow. Of course, that's assuming your bags get there. Last friend that flew to Moscow on BA lost her bags for 5 days.

Alternatively can you get a plastic bag that the coat will fit into? Wear the coat on so you don't get in trouble for having too many bags then unfold the plastic bag and fold your coat into it. I have a few large bags that I use for when I go to concerts etc to put my coat in and then under the seat. Protects from dirt and spilt drinks....
Old Dec 23, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Absolutely. Nothing more annoying to carry a heavy coat when it is so warm in the airport!
Old Dec 23, 2019, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There is no hanging space for any coats on the B777 with the new Club Suites.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Don't people just shove it in the overhead compartment? (cue the people who get angry when you are creasing their jacket by putting your bag over it! ITS MY COMPARTMENT NOT YOURS)

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Dec 23, 2019 at 5:54 am
Old Dec 23, 2019, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
just remember to take if off or you won't feel the benefit of it later
Old Dec 23, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci des Transports de Navette
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
just remember to take if off or you won't feel the benefit of it later
Ah, just like grandma used to say
Old Dec 23, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Once saw someone spend an entire 10 hour journey in Club wearing a full winter waterproof coat. Maybe she got cold easily or something but did look a little odd!
Old Dec 23, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by dddc
Agree with CWS, if you can pack it in your suitcase where it's easily accessible when you get to the other side it makes the journey so much easier. i do this when going to/from Australia although admittedly my coat won't be as big as the one you need for Moscow. Of course, that's assuming your bags get there. Last friend that flew to Moscow on BA lost her bags for 5 days.

Alternatively can you get a plastic bag that the coat will fit into? Wear the coat on so you don't get in trouble for having too many bags then unfold the plastic bag and fold your coat into it. I have a few large bags that I use for when I go to concerts etc to put my coat in and then under the seat. Protects from dirt and spilt drinks....
If your destination is very cold then I recomend you keep the coat in the cabin just in case your hold bag is delayed
wrp96 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by watsonville

I am flying Club long haul soon, and I will probably need to take a big heavy coat woollen coat. The sort you wear over a suit.
The term we’re looking for here, I would suggest, is overcoat.

Disappointing to learn from CIHY that the refurbished 777s with Club Suites don’t have wardrobe/closet space for said items.

Doc Copper
Old Dec 23, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by watsonville
Hi,

Sorry if this is a well known thing. I am flying Club long haul soon, and I will probably need to take a big heavy coat woollen coat. The sort you wear over a suit.
Do 777s have space to hang this, or is my best bet to fold it and put it in the overhead locker?
It depends on wether you’re a southerner, northerner and the weather warnings.

For most southerners in the weather warnings you’ll be advised not to travel or go outside your property, if you’re a northerner with severe weather warnings of extremely cold temperatures, ice and snow then you’ll need your big coat.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 7:18 am
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
If you’re like me you’re laughing at the suggestion you pack a coat that takes half your suitcase (and risk freezing during a prolonged holiday travel baggage loss) or your entire carry on.

Many people travel with heavy leather or Fur... I recommend a light garment cover, I once put a new thick leather jacket in the upper deck closet of a QF 747, where after 10 hours next to an economy passengers wedding dress, hers stank of new leather and she had a fit demanding compensation and screaming that we had ruined her wedding...
Old Dec 24, 2019, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by dddc

Like a trash bag?
Old Dec 24, 2019, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
There is no hanging space for any coats on the B777 with the new Club Suites.
Oh dear... that seems like a bit of an "enhancement!"

rb211.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.