Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more Fever Tree!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Mutu
(last night the fevertree was £5.75 in marylebone so a G&T came to a cool £12.50 with a cheap gin)
That’s outrageous!
Old Dec 21, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Scots_Al
That’s outrageous!
It's one thing I don't miss about the UK. You could have a whole night out on that amount here.

5 Coronas at a quid each, a plate of tacos on the way home and still some change for whatever you want.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
I love the BA Board. Mess with the g&t at your peril!

can anyone clarify whether it is Schweppes or 17whatever Schweppes now in premium cabins (ie First, CW and CE?) as this isn’t clear to me from this thread.
icegirl likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by TTmex
and still some change for whatever you want.
A few mangos manilas please!!
TTmex likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
I love the BA Board. Mess with the g&t at your peril!

can anyone clarify whether it is Schweppes or 17whatever Schweppes now in premium cabins (ie First, CW and CE?) as this isn’t clear to me from this thread.
Personally, I have no flights taken after the changes reported in this thread, so I'm unable to answer your question. But I prefer Fever Tree onboard, far better than regular Schweppes, but haven't tried the "17whatever Schweppes", which might be superior to their standard product.

However, it has been reported [by a 'friend' ] that after some G&Ts, even other things may appear as being less clear, seemingly unrelated to the tonic brand .
IAMORGAN and WickedStepMother like this.

Last edited by onobond; Dec 21, 2019 at 10:17 am Reason: Adding less clarity
Old Dec 21, 2019, 4:21 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by xPositor
The standard non-light versions of a lot of soft drinks now feature artificial sweeteners because of the sugar tax.

But forget all this nonsense about which tonic is best with gin, because the answer is bitter lemon - if you're fast enough to get the only one typically loaded on a long haul, and forget it if you're short haul.
Bitter lemon... yuck. Don't you like gin?

I find schweppes ascerbic and acidic. It might be fine with a juniper rich giin like Tanqueray or Gordons...

O/T but I went to a gin bar in århus the other day where they had a huge number of gins and 20 different tonics...
Old Dec 21, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I’ve had that premium Schweppes recently on BA back fro ACE once all the Fever Tree was gone. It’s better than standard Schweppes but still a step down from FT
Old Dec 21, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Interestingly at the FT Christmas do yesterday it wasn’t Schweppes or fever tree (I did get an apology &#128514. For the life of me I can’t remember what the tonic was though. The number of G&Ts and shots has rather clouded one’s memory...
Old Dec 21, 2019, 4:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
Interestingly at the FT Christmas do yesterday it wasn’t Schweppes or fever tree (I did get an apology &#128514. For the life of me I can’t remember what the tonic was though. The number of G&Ts and shots has rather clouded one’s memory...
Scandalous!!

The fact they ran out of champagne and guests had to resort to consuming prosecco, no Fever Tree and held the event in a non-exclusive/5 star venue. I hope the organiser(s) of the event gave a personal apology to all attendees and an appropriate level of compensation.
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 4:59 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
For the life of me I can’t remember what the tonic was though.
Franklin & Sons.
gliderpilot likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:20 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Franklin & Sons.
Thanks CWS. A font of knowledge as always. Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 23, 2019, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by onobond
Personally, I have no flights taken after the changes reported in this thread, so I'm unable to answer your question.
The OP specified it was taking effect ‘from Jan’, so unless anyone has a Tardis then no one can. There will also be a period of dual-loading while old stocks are used up.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Rewards Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by contrails7
Well said! And to underline the point it's in the same week as the rumour that LPGS will imminently disappear from the CCR / FIRST. And in the same year that the FT was enhanced away. Call me a dinosaur but I just find the latter decision absolutely incredible for a business traveller heavy airline. It seems absolutely nothing is sacrosanct to the BA bean counters

Re. 1783, I'm not a fan. Perhaps I've just got used to taste of Fever-Tree but I find even the premium Schweppes mixer too sweet / artificial tasting. As someone said upthread its performance has been absolutely dire so they must be literally giving it away to BA
The "full fat" Schweppes is OK, but the "light" version they have in the lounges (and you get if you buy the M&S stuff on board) is flavoured with grapefruit - it isn't obvious unless you read the list of ingredients carefully. If they have to have Schweppes I'd rather they just had the ordinary stuff in full and slimline versions. (Though I'd prefer Fever Tree).
Old Dec 23, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold
They had Fever Tree in the GLA lounge at the beginning of the month, the only improvement I could possibly have suggested would've been the provision of Tanqueray No. 10 to mix it with. Alas, I slummed it with standard Tanqueray and had a delightful few G&Ts. Following day at LGW, Schweppes only... yuck. Went back to the (rather pleasant) champagne.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 3:10 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by kdhurst380
Went back to the (rather pleasant) champagne.
BA change tonic mixer to save money and we all drink more champagne instead - thereby costing BA more money

I don’t think they think these things through!

aks120

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.