FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   London City - San Sebastián and Glasgow - Palma launching for summer 2020 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2000474-london-city-san-sebastian-glasgow-palma-launching-summer-2020-a.html)

EJetter Dec 19, 2019 2:49 am

London City - San Sebastián and Glasgow - Palma launching for summer 2020

All operated by BA CityFlyer

London City to San Sebastián timetable, July-September:

Flight Number Depart Arrive Days

BA7335 0910 1210 Fri

BA7335 0915 1210 Mon

San Sebastián to London City timetable:

Flight Number Depart Arrive Days

BA7334 1330 1425 Mon, Fri

Glasgow - Mallorca from end of May
GLA-PMI 1445 Sat
PMI-GLA 1950 Sat

fluffymitten Dec 19, 2019 3:45 am

Oh that's fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing.

I love San Sebastian. Booking a holiday asap!

Foltan Dec 19, 2019 4:10 am

Ooo, I'm thinking that EAS should sneak in under the short RFS limit shouldn't it? And as a new route there'll be plenty of RFS availability hopefully - time to jump on a cheap weekend in the sun!

craigthemif Dec 19, 2019 4:31 am

Originally Posted by Foltan (Post 31855779)
Ooo, I'm thinking that EAS should sneak in under the short RFS limit shouldn't it? And as a new route there'll be plenty of RFS availability hopefully - time to jump on a cheap weekend in the sun!

If you liberally define weekend as Friday off work and Monday as well... :D

But certainly a bank holiday weekend, perhaps flying into BIO and out of EAS or vice versa...

KARFA Dec 19, 2019 4:33 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 31855813)

Not off work, “working from home” :D

longliveKA Dec 19, 2019 4:56 am

Originally Posted by Foltan (Post 31855779)

Better revise your expectations for "in the sun", EAS holds the record for being the rainiest place in Europe, or should be right there at the top of the list :-)

rcspeirs Dec 19, 2019 5:51 am

There have been weekend Cityflyer flights from Glasgow to Palma for years, but operated as a Barrhead charter rather than sold through BA. Are these new, additional, services or is it a swap of a Barrhead charter into a 'real' Cityflyer service.

fluffymitten Dec 19, 2019 7:02 am

Just noticed when pricing up a trip to EAS that the BA website says I will earn 0 Avios for the booking.

The tickets are I class. Any suggestions whether this is BA IT or is there something odd about this route?

KARFA Dec 19, 2019 7:18 am

Originally Posted by fluffymitten (Post 31856202)
Just noticed when pricing up a trip to EAS that the BA website says I will earn 0 Avios for the booking.

The tickets are I class. Any suggestions whether this is BA IT or is there something odd about this route?

Yes this is pretty normal with a new route as they haven't entered the TP & avios earning yet. No reason to think you wouldn't earn the normal amount of both - at some point over the next month or two I am sure it will be updated and MMB will show the correct information.

fluffymitten Dec 19, 2019 7:20 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 31856255)
Yes this is pretty normal with a new route as they haven't entered the TP & avios earning yet. No reason to think you wouldn't earn the normal amount of both - at some point over the next month or two I am sure it will be updated and MMB will show the correct information.

Ah, I get you. Thank you.

gustavmahler Dec 19, 2019 7:21 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 31855813)

But certainly a bank holiday weekend, perhaps flying into BIO and out of EAS or vice versa...

Exactly. Not a long drive between the two, and actually some great, unspoilt coast along the way.

EJetter Dec 19, 2019 8:09 am

Originally Posted by rcspeirs (Post 31855963)
There have been weekend Cityflyer flights from Glasgow to Palma for years, but operated as a Barrhead charter rather than sold through BA. Are these new, additional, services or is it a swap of a Barrhead charter into a 'real' Cityflyer service.

These are regular commercial BA flights, not charters.

gw76 Dec 19, 2019 10:26 am

Originally Posted by rcspeirs (Post 31855963)

Barrhead Travel apparently not using BACF next year (which is odd) but BACF still operating certain charters including MAH presumably for other tour operators. zthis scheduled service is presumably to part replace the original charter. They must have data to support. Remember the mainline LGW crew scheduled attempt to ? PMI a few years back. The so called 'use it or lose it' would apply- lets hope they do. Ideally would have been better twice weekly.

Vinotraveller Dec 19, 2019 10:29 am

Originally Posted by gw76 (Post 31856978)
Barrhead Travel apparently not using BACF next year (which is odd) but BACF still operating certain charters including MAH presumably for other tour operators. zthis scheduled service is presumably to part replace the original charter. They must have data to support. Remember the mainline LGW crew scheduled attempt to ? PMI a few years back. The so called 'use it or lose it' would apply- lets hope they do. Ideally would have been better twice weekly.

There has been a lot of change at Barrhead due to the change of ownership, I would say locally a lot of their customers liked the fact that they were using BA aircraft as it felt more premium than other charter flights.

corporate-wage-slave Dec 19, 2019 11:00 am

I would certainly recommend Donostia - San Sebastián (to use the new official name) as a weekend visit, it has good Basque food options, some excellent independent hotels, a good range of shops and one of the most impressive in in-town beaches.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1...921/pPmK4d.jpg

The airport is a little way out of town, it's actually on the border at Irún, on reclaimed land at the docks. Any further over and in would be a French airport. It will be an interesting landing/departure experience, given the LCY landing at the other end. It's conected to D-SS by public bus, and there is a regular coach service to and from BIO airport too. EAS has services to MAD.