Seat weirdness

Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Seat weirdness

Anyone else seen the following?

Booked LHR-DFW-LHR in CW in Jan. Login to Exec Club on PC and it shows me in CW seats for both directions, along with 280 tier points for the flight - so all correct. Try to change the seat on outbound flight (am GCH so should be able to), get message saying an error has occurred, contact travel agent. Returns me back to previous page where I now notice that it says 350 tier points and that outbound flight is now in 1A. Go back in to screen for selecting seat and it shows my original seat as 18G. So maybe I'm in F, maybe I'm not. Am wondering if I have Schrodinger's Seat?

Graham
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: BA Silver
Not exactly answering your question, but in your situation, my first action would be to try another device or a different browser on the same one. Or depending on your technical skills, maybe try clearing cookies and cache?
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fruitcage
Not exactly answering your question, but in your situation, my first action would be to try another device or a different browser on the same one. Or depending on your technical skills, maybe try clearing cookies and cache?
Mobile app doesn't even show a seat assignment. I suspect it's more likely that the booking/seat is in some sort of transition. Expect it will sort out in a next day or two. Just curious as I've not seen this sort of behaviour before.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 4:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
What fare class did you book in and when did you book? BA occasionally have offers which allow you to book into F when you buy a J ticket (although higher fare buckets).
Old Dec 18, 2019, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by madfish
What fare class did you book in and when did you book? BA occasionally have offers which allow you to book into F when you buy a J ticket (although higher fare buckets).
R class both ways. Although the cost of the outbound segment was only about Ł200 cheaper than the F fare.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.