Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BAEC help desk for USA and Canada based flyers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BAEC help desk for USA and Canada based flyers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by AAir_head
When you say it's "usually the 9th", I'm not sure how to read that--are there known exceptions I should be aware of or are you referring to mentions of BAEC occasionally granting a courtesy extension?
The "usually" really referred to the month. I am not sure what happens if you fly near the end of a month, do you only get say 10 bonus days or do you get 10 + a month. The start date is always the 9th. Otherwise I think you have the hang of it!
Old Mar 1, 2020, 3:03 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Housekeeping notice

FYI. A link to this thread has been added to Section 2 of the forum https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...board-new.html
AAir_head and golfmad like this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi

BAEC year is based on the date you join. Not calendar year.
Sorry to wake up this "old" thread, as I am still unclear about this despite having read the entire thread.
Here is an example that applies to me:
Date Join: 10 November, YYYY
Tier Point Collection Year Ends: 07 December, 2023
Car Expiry: 31 Jan, 2024

Will someone explain the significance of these dates above as they pertain to earning TP.
When does my TP collecting date begin for the following year (I am thinking of switching from AA to BA)?
Do I have 12 months to collect TP or 13 months?
Thank you in advance.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 8:37 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Sorry to wake up this "old" thread, as I am still unclear about this despite having read the entire thread.
Here is an example that applies to me:
Date Join: 10 November, YYYY
Tier Point Collection Year Ends: 07 December, 2023
Car Expiry: 31 Jan, 2024

Will someone explain the significance of these dates above as they pertain to earning TP.
When does my TP collecting date begin for the following year (I am thinking of switching from AA to BA)?
Do I have 12 months to collect TP or 13 months?
Thank you in advance.
Are you sure it states TP year end is Dec 7? The end date is usually the 8th of the month meaning your new collection year starts Dec 9 2023 and runs through until Dec 8 2024. Any status you currently have achieved is good through 31 Jan 2024, unless you re-qualify before Dec 8 2023 in which case your card would then expire 31 Jan 2025
allset2travel likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
Are you sure it states TP year end is Dec 7? The end date is usually the 8th of the month meaning your new collection year starts Dec 9 2023 and runs through until Dec 8 2024. Any status you currently have achieved is good through 31 Jan 2024, unless you re-qualify before Dec 8 2023 in which case your card would then expire 31 Jan 2025
My bad. I meant Dec 8.

Thank you very much. Now I understand fully.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.