Merging two award bookings

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2019, 8:14 pm
bil
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Platinum
Merging two award bookings

Hello,

I booked two different award tickets on QR NRT-DOH, DOH-FRA at different times due to lack of availability. Can I merge them into a single ticket?

Best,

Bil
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by bil
Hello,

I booked two different award tickets on QR NRT-DOH, DOH-FRA at different times due to lack of availability. Can I merge them into a single ticket?

Best,

Bil
Sadly, no. Bookings can never be merged. It does not exist.
bil likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bil
Why do you want to?
For info QR will interline bags on separate tickets.

OP's other thread on this trip---> Arriving in business connecting in First
Old Dec 17, 2019, 6:16 pm
bil
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Why do you want to?
I am under the impression that having a single ticket to your destination wouldn't be harmful in case of IRROPS/delays/tight connections.
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
For info QR will interline bags on separate tickets.

OP's other thread on this trip---> Arriving in business connecting in First
Thanks for the info, I asked that question in the QR forum in the link you posted, where I hope it belongs.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 6:18 pm
bil
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Sadly, no. Bookings can never be merged. It does not exist.
I imagined so, as I've never read anything similar around here, but since it was an award ticket I thought may be...
Old Dec 18, 2019, 1:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bil
I imagined so, as I've never read anything similar around here, but since it was an award ticket I thought may be...
The only thing you can do is watch out for another set of redemption availability coming up for the combined trip, and this really would be a bit of a stretch. And I'm assuming you have enough Avios spare for this. But if it did happen then book the new redemption first, then cancel your original bookings, you can't safely do it the other way around. You would lose some money on this but not the Avios.

If DOH-FRA alone comes up again, you could try asking the agent to amend your initial booking NRT-DOH to add this in, then cancel the original DOH-FRA, but I suspect they may decline to do this.
bil likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 1:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bil
I am under the impression that having a single ticket to your destination wouldn't be harmful in case of IRROPS/delays/tight connections.
Not only would it not be harmful, it would be downright essential for IRROPS and connection protection, but you can't have this on separate bookings, and separate bookings cannot be combined into a single ticket.
Anonba and bil like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.