Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travelling with my Autistic Child

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2019, 7:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
I hope you had luck getting back on a 777. I have two autistic children, both of whom fly very well now, but I don't know what we would have done without those middle seats when they were little.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Oneworl
Originally Posted by Brighterside
Mickeyp - you mention traveliing to the Maldives via Dubai on BA - who is providing your link from Dubai to Male and is your transfer to resort by launch or seaplane as especially the latter would provide possibly even bigger challenges. I admire your determination and resolve to have such a family celebration for your wife's landmark birthday and wish you all the best of luck with your planning and travel.
We are spending 4 nights in Dubai and then flying to Male on Emirates in Y. We chose a resort which we can get to by speedboat in 40 minutes and it is supposed to be child-friendly so fingers crossed all will be well.

Also, just an update to say that I spoke to BA about moving our booking to BA109 (744 with better layout for us) which departs 45 minutes later than BA105. However, our original booking was made using Avios and I am unable to get the same reward availability on the later flight. BA said there was nothing to they could do to open up availability. So my wife and I have decided that we will downgrade to WTP instead as there is availability there. That should resolve the seating issue and then we only need to concern ourselves with the seatbelt problem.

Last edited by Mickeyp; Dec 18, 2019 at 4:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.