Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Worry or not, seat gone after equipment change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2019, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, KLM, Alitalia

Flying to Madrid Tuesday, so curios as to which 777 version we where getting I looked it up. Then I see it's been changed to a A351. Great as we are flying CE so this will be the first taste of the new seat for us and the A350.
However I never got a e-mail telling us about this aircraft change. So I check MMB and originally on the 777 we had seats 12A/B and we still do, but there is no row 12 on the A351. the loo's are there! Seat map for this flight both web and mobile doesn't work. It shows all the information bar the seat map itself.
So are we falling between the cracks as we where in row 12 or is it a MMB issue? Anybody have something similar happen?
Old Dec 15, 2019, 5:21 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
In my recent experience MMB takes a couple of day to register the change of aircraft fully. Check at T-24 when check-in happens, or if your pick of seats is absolutely vital, phone it in.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by Crismyth
Flying to Madrid Tuesday, so curios as to which 777 version we where getting I looked it up. Then I see it's been changed to a A351. Great as we are flying CE so this will be the first taste of the new seat for us and the A350.
However I never got a e-mail telling us about this aircraft change. So I check MMB and originally on the 777 we had seats 12A/B and we still do, but there is no row 12 on the A351. the loo's are there! Seat map for this flight both web and mobile doesn't work. It shows all the information bar the seat map itself.
So are we falling between the cracks as we where in row 12 or is it a MMB issue? Anybody have something similar happen?
A very valid concern indeed-

If your row 12 seats have been the replaced by the loo, I would also be mortified at the prospect of falling between the cracks
TTmex likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
So this is more en suite than club suite?
Old Dec 15, 2019, 7:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
If you do get assigned the toilet, I'm sure the CSM can write a log report on the iPad.
realgaga and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Try flushing the cache on your browser or the app, not urgent, do it at your convenience.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
I'm on this flight too, albeit down the back. WTP seats are opened up though, so small mercies. Now that it's changed to a 350 I'll check if there's any AUPs left tomorrow, to try the club suits for cheap.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, KLM, Alitalia
Thanks for the help everybody

After online check-in opened we where assigned existing seats! Fortunately in this case both where not en suites! All ended well and there will be no need for us to deposite a complaint
alex67500 and ENTP like this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 3:51 am

wish to be airbus
Old Dec 16, 2019, 3:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton

After online check-in opened we where assigned existing seats! Fortunately in this case both where not en suites! All ended well and there will be no need for us to deposite a complaint
So basically a wash then? Glad you got something better than the bog standard.
Mordac likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 3:55 am

Great to hear
Old Dec 17, 2019, 3:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Mordac
I'm on this flight too, albeit down the back. WTP seats are opened up though, so small mercies. Now that it's changed to a 350 I'll check if there's any AUPs left tomorrow, to try the club suits for cheap.
Turns out no need to ask for an AUP as I got Op-upped anyway!
Old Dec 17, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Amusingly, Google Ads (or whoever) chose to serve this, er, nugget directly below scottishpoet's post

Mordac and alex67500 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.