Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New degraded passenger experience at BUD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2019, 7:22 am

I

I flew from BUD yesterday with BA.

They used the jetty of course and it was a great experience even in ET.

One thing I have noted in the past when I flew in CE from BUD that BA passengers aren’t allowed to use Fast Track as BA refuses to pay for it.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be
I flew from BUD yesterday with BA.

They used the jetty of course and it was a great experience even in ET.

One thing I have noted in the past when I flew in CE from BUD that BA passengers aren’t allowed to use Fast Track as BA refuses to pay for it.
Usually fast track works when in CE at outstations. So this is a little worrying. However if in Y, there is no fast track for Golds at non World World hubs which is really poor compared to other alliances. Cost cutting is our DNA I assume.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by BA6948
Usually fast track works when in CE at outstations. So this is a little worrying. However if in Y, there is no fast track for Golds at non World World hubs which is really poor compared to other alliances. Cost cutting is our DNA I assume.
Confirming that fast track has not been available for BA CE passengers for several years at BUD.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 4:07 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by camdentown
Confirming that fast track has not been available for BA CE passengers for several years at BUD.
Yes, I don't think it has ever been made available at BUD, and the relevant Dashboard guide confirms this. The same guide indicates that probably about half of out stations don't offer Fast Track, in many cases the facility doesn't exist for any passenger on any airline.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 7:19 am
Original Poster

I’m on BA869, stuck on stand at T3 as apparently the IRS hasn’t got the right key to turn the jetty on. Talk about irony!
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: BAEC
Just landed at LHR from BUD, arrived last week on the 870 which landed at night into BUD and returned this afternoon, both times we disembarked/boarded via stairs, on arrival at BUD I asked the ground manager if this is new with BA and he smiled, he confirmed that its 2-3 month since BA stopped using the jetty although they sometimes do use the Jetty when they arrive into T2B at BUD but 80% of the time they use the new extension at BUD T2C. He did explain its alot cheaper.....

Writing this on the plane at LHR waiting for the jetty to approach the plane as they lost the keys to the jetty, stairs will definitely be appreciated here but captain explaining no stairs in this part of the world.........
Old Dec 29, 2019, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Mike Gold
Just landed at LHR from BUD, arrived last week on the 870 which landed at night into BUD and returned this afternoon, both times we disembarked/boarded via stairs, on arrival at BUD I asked the ground manager if this is new with BA and he smiled, he confirmed that its 2-3 month since BA stopped using the jetty although they sometimes do use the Jetty when they arrive into T2B at BUD but 80% of the time they use the new extension at BUD T2C. He did explain its alot cheaper.....

Writing this on the plane at LHR waiting for the jetty to approach the plane as they lost the keys to the jetty, stairs will definitely be appreciated here but captain explaining no stairs in this part of the world.........
There is a fierce competition at BUD when it comes to LON flights. Easyjet, Ryanair, Wizzair, and LOT also flies this route and perhaps BA is trying to eliminate as much cost as possible to remain competitive.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:07 am

If you dont like the jetty situation at Budapest then you must tell BA, they are a data driven airline and unless the satisfaction scores go down nothing will change. If they can get away with cutting things and see no kick back in the satisfaction scores they think that you didn't notice.

While there is some prescence on Flyertalk, the compartmentalised nature of the business means that "enhancements" will continue until the department that deals with that station and cost are directly affected by evidence, in the form of data from the satisfaction surveys etc, then the belief is that the enhancements are accepted by the customers. So bottom line, you will get the service you are prepared to accept.
Old May 14, 2022, 9:34 pm

Programs: BAEC
BA have again started using the jet-bridge at Budapest airport!
Earlier this year they were still using the stairs though last few trips it’s been the jet-bridge.
I know many have given BA feedback re this issue and looks like we’ve been successful.
Thank you all
Old May 15, 2022, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My flights to and from Budapest earlier this week involved stairs.
Old May 16, 2022, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by Mike Gold
BA have again started using the jet-bridge at Budapest airport!
Earlier this year they were still using the stairs though last few trips it’s been the jet-bridge.
I know many have given BA feedback re this issue and looks like we’ve been successful.
Thank you all
Both arrival on Friday and departure on Sunday of this weekend utilised airbridges, thank goodness. The airbridge is a huge selling point particularly with the elderly who are willing to pay more for a BA ticket for this extra benefit to their travel experience, otherwise, unless travelling in CE you might just as well travel with FR or W6 especially if their departure airports suit you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.