FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   First Class Just opened to me at no cost? Is this real? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1999821-first-class-just-opened-me-no-cost-real.html)

Stuckintheback Dec 14, 2019 1:23 pm

First Class Just opened to me at no cost? Is this real?

So I purchased Business Class CLub World tickets roughly about 6 months ago. Went ahead and reserved my seat, and have been just check in every now and then to see if the seat next to me remains empty, etc. Well I fly out tomorrow and I decided to pop in an see what the seats were looking like, and the entire First Class rows (8 seats total) were open for me to switch to at no additional cost. I was very hesitant at first because. . . the universe just typically doesnt work for me like that. But I went ahead and switched over to one of the first class seats and got a confirm with no charge. Is this standard practice? Is it real? Is it because the flight leaves tomorrow and no seats were available? COuld it be because of my membership status with them? Im a bit giddy right now, but still beleive I will show up tomorrow and they will say (Sorry, system mistake).

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2c309af0e5.png

The _Banking_Scot Dec 14, 2019 1:25 pm

Hi,

Which route and flight is this ( and aircraft ) please.

It sounds like FLUB is in action ( ie due to an aircraft swap, a 4 class aircraft with First is replacing a 3 class aircraft with no first).

There are a few threads on FLUB here.

Please note that it will be Club World service ( but in the F seats).

It is possible that between now and departure they may not need the F cabin and you would be reseated in Club World ( but in a potentially worse seat than you had booked orignially) although i think the chances of that are reasonably low)

Regards

TBS

UKtravelbear Dec 14, 2019 1:28 pm

Yes sounds like FLUB - i.e sat in F but you'll get cLUB service and amenities.

You won't be getting access to the CCR for example.

Stuckintheback Dec 14, 2019 1:29 pm

BNA to LHR

Stuckintheback Dec 14, 2019 1:29 pm

Someone explain what a FLUB is and CCR?

UKtravelbear Dec 14, 2019 1:31 pm

flub = see my post

CCR Concorde Room

Stuckintheback Dec 14, 2019 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 31840017)
flub = see my post

CCR Concorde Room

Oh ok, buts it an actualy First Class seat? I mean the seats appear to be quite nicer and more intiment than Business. Im ok without the amenities upgrade.

The _Banking_Scot Dec 14, 2019 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Stuckintheback (Post 31840019)
Oh ok, buts it an actualy First Class seat? I mean the seats appear to be quite nicer and more intiment than Business. Im ok without the amenities upgrade.

Hi,

Yes, it is the standard F seat.

Regards

TBS

corporate-wage-slave Dec 14, 2019 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Stuckintheback (Post 31840019)

There is a guide to abbreviations in the BA Forum Dashboard, and elsewhere in the forum a detailed thread on Flub (which is an unofficial name, and it's partly my fault). But First class seat, Club World service (food, drink etc).

However, be aware that Flub will only be used if there are too many passengers in CW, and so you may be at risk of being moved back. From what we are seeing, Golds/Emeralds are prioritised for Flub.

Stuckintheback Dec 14, 2019 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 31840031)
There is a guide to abbreviations in the BA Forum Dashboard, and elsewhere in the forum a detailed thread on Flub (which is an unofficial name, and it's partly my fault). But First class seat, Club World service (food, drink etc).

However, be aware that Flub will only be used if there are too many passengers in CW, and so you may be at risk of being moved back. From what we are seeing, Golds/Emeralds are prioritised for Flub.

Oh ok thank you. If I pull up the available seat maps right now (I fly out tomorrow), almost 70% of CW seats are still unreserved. So maybe its just a light flight? Id imagine those seats get reserved because your authorized 7 days out right?

YYCCL3 Dec 14, 2019 1:49 pm

You could get moved back... keep an eye on the seat map. Doesn’t look like a busy flight.

BA 222BNA 7:10p → LHR 9:10a
J9 C0 D0 R0 I0 W9 E0 T0 Y7 B5 H3 K3 M3 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G4

Stuckintheback Dec 14, 2019 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by YYCCL3 (Post 31840062)
You could get moved back... keep an eye on the seat map. Doesn’t look like a busy flight.

BA 222BNA 7:10p → LHR 9:10a
J9 C0 D0 R0 I0 W9 E0 T0 Y7 B5 H3 K3 M3 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G4

What do you think my chances are of sliding through on this one??? Does checking in early online make it where they cant bump me, or is it free game?

corporate-wage-slave Dec 14, 2019 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Stuckintheback (Post 31840058)
Oh ok thank you. If I pull up the available seat maps right now (I fly out tomorrow), almost 70% of CW seats are still unreserved. So maybe its just a light flight? Id imagine those seats get reserved because your authorized 7 days out right?

Yes, I see what you mean, but I think they have overbooked World Traveller and so they will be rolling some people forward.. But I agree that doesn't seem to fill CW. In the past I would be urging you to consider going back to a decent seat in CW in case you get moved back, however there have been 2 very recent Flub experiences reported here, including to my colleague @orbitmic, where it manifested itself in a similar way to you, they completed OLCI and it did in the end stick. So please let us know what happens to you. Given the other 2 experiences I would stick with 1K, on balance. The half way house is to OLCI but not print/app your boarding pass, and keep an eye on the situation. If you don't print/app your boarding pass you can continue to move seats if you are thrown out of 1K.

HighwayToHEL Dec 14, 2019 1:59 pm

I’ve had FLUB a few times and it’s great. You are prepared for Club but effectively end up in First, so it becomes the cherry on the cake. Enjoy!

Stuckintheback Dec 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 31840077)
Yes, I see what you mean, but I think they have overbooked World Traveller and so they will be rolling some people forward.. But I agree that doesn't seem to fill CW. In the past I would be urging you to consider going back to a decent seat in CW in case you get moved back, however there have been 2 very recent Flub experiences reported here, including to my colleague @orbitmic, where it manifested itself in a similar way to you, they completed OLCI and it did in the end stick. So please let us know what happens to you. Given the other 2 experiences I would stick with 1K, on balance. The half way house is to OLCI but not print/app your boarding pass, and keep an eye on the situation. If you don't print/app your boarding pass you can continue to move seats if you are thrown out of 1K.

Ok I will definitely keep updates going. Im sorry to do a follow up but if they DO end up moving me will it reflect on the website throughout the night? Also, at one point can I consider myself "safe" in the seat? Airport checkin? Or physically sitting down in the seat?