New carpet in T5 GF?

Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Am sitting in the newly-carpeted area right now. It does feel much better and is certainly quieter. It's a shame that someone opposite me already appears to have spilled their coffee but I guess that's SOP for a new carpet. If it had been the old one, he wouldn't have spilled his coffee!
Old Dec 17, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Yes, I noticed it on Sunday. It is noticeably plusher and softer than the previous industrial-office carpeting, and had a noticeable "new carpet" smell. It makes the lounge feel much more luxurious and should make it quieter - I can't really compare noise levels with the previous carpet, because I was there at 06:00 on a Sunday and the few passengers in there were moving like silent extras in a zombie film.

I just hope the staff can keep it clean in the face of the punters dropping their food and drink all over it, but it looks like a pretty robust sort of artificial fibre and I have to assume whoever chose the carpet knows about these things. The pile doesn't seem deep enough to materially impede roller cases or, far more importantly, wheelchairs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.