Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passport control BCN >LHR>SJC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2019, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Passport control BCN >LHR>SJC

Trying to anticipate timing on flights. I’m going to be flying out of BCN to SJC with a layover in LHR. Will I have to go through customs/passport control in BCN or in LHR?
Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:10 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
You will clear immigration when exiting Schengen in BCN. Nothing in LHR unless you plan to enter the UK by going land-side.
dascc likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:31 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, no formal passport check at LHR if staying airside, however the BA agent will glance at your passport before Flight Connections and again at the gate. There will be a security check at LHR however you do it. Depending on your passport nationality and time of day, you may find it quicker to go landside, in which case there are passport e-gates, but you should only do this, paradoxically, if you have over an hour at LHR.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 1:57 am

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Bear in mind that your BCN-LHR flight will arrive into T3 and your LHR-SJC flight will depart from T5. BA will only sell you a through ticket that meets the minimum connection time, but if your question is how much time to leave for your own peace of mind, read up on the connection threads here.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 2:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Is this on one ticket and do you have hold luggage? If you are on separate tickets and with hold luggage you’ll have to enter the UK and go landside to retrieve your bags, then check in again.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Is this on one ticket and do you have hold luggage? If you are on separate tickets and with hold luggage you’ll have to enter the UK and go landside to retrieve your bags, then check in again.
same ticket with luggage. Not that too concerned with the LHR layover there about 3 hours between flights. Main concern was getting to BCN from the cruise ship on time. Didn't know if I'd have extra layers to go though at BCN.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by dascc
same ticket with luggage. Not that too concerned with the LHR layover there about 3 hours between flights. Main concern was getting to BCN from the cruise ship on time. Didn't know if I'd have extra layers to go though at BCN.
After check in, you will go through security and then exit immigration at BCN.
dascc likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by dascc
Immigration and customs at the port are likely to be your biggest issue, depending on where you've come from...
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Immigration and customs at the port are likely to be your biggest issue, depending on where you've come from...
If it's anything like my last cruise into BCN, immigration/customs at the port will be non-existent.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 1:13 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
If the cruise originates within the Schengen area, then there will be no customs nor immigration

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.