Worrying Flight Duration

Old Dec 11, 19, 6:02 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Programs: BAEC - Silver
Posts: 97
Worrying Flight Duration

First off I am not bashing BA in any way. I have my complaints but I still fly them and generally happy. It's just funny!

MMB is not making me look forward to this flight in CE config! I make that 16 hours in total!



ETA: I also think we might run out of fuel on the A320 scheduled!
orbitmic, snaxmuppet and IntVic like this.
Soft Top is offline  
Old Dec 11, 19, 6:04 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 916
Your maths is wrong. The minus sign at the beginning means you will arrive before you’ve departed.
muscat is offline  
Old Dec 11, 19, 6:06 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Somewhere around Europe...
Programs: BA Gold; MR Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Spire; RR Gold
Posts: 489
Originally Posted by Soft Top View Post
ETA: I also think we might run out of fuel on the A320 scheduled!
Given the negative duration you'll be running the engines in reverse, so fear not you'll land with more fuel than you started!
dakaix is offline  
Old Dec 11, 19, 6:07 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Programs: BAEC - Silver
Posts: 97
Originally Posted by muscat View Post
Your maths is wrong. The minus sign at the beginning means you will arrive before you’ve departed.
Ooooh - even more exciting. If Alex has invented time travel this could change the face of flying.
Soft Top is offline  
Old Dec 11, 19, 6:36 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Flatland
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Posts: 5,773
Originally Posted by muscat View Post
Your maths is wrong. The minus sign at the beginning means you will arrive before you’ve departed.
That was only possible on the fast jet.
flatlander is offline  
Old Dec 11, 19, 7:17 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: MAN/JNB
Programs: KL/BMI/BA
Posts: 377
Originally Posted by dakaix View Post
Given the negative duration you'll be running the engines in reverse, so fear not you'll land with more fuel than you started!
And that silver status could be back down to bronze after this flight along with a big chunk of avois gone.
ttama, TTmex, adrianlondon and 1 others like this.
simon stingray is offline  
Old Dec 11, 19, 7:20 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Mexico
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 1,177
And we'd have the breakfast smoothie back
csutter and ttama like this.
TTmex is online now  
Old Dec 11, 19, 8:05 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 119
This is the new strategy to avoid EC261 compensation payments. Schedules are being changed to rule out the possibility of being late

Flights times are being padded to allow for

flow restrictions due to fog
flow restrictions due to snow
flow restrictions due to rain
flow restrictions due to unexpected good weather
unplanned refuelling stop at SNN
strike action in France
extinction rebellion protesters on the runway
outbreak of drones
Soft Top likes this.
bricksoft is offline  
Old Dec 11, 19, 11:14 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,613
Originally Posted by bricksoft View Post
This is the new strategy to avoid EC261 compensation payments. Schedules are being changed to rule out the possibility of being late

Flights times are being padded to allow for

flow restrictions due to fog
flow restrictions due to snow
flow restrictions due to rain
flow restrictions due to unexpected good weather
unplanned refuelling stop at SNN
strike action in France
extinction rebellion protesters on the runway
outbreak of drones
... as well as senior managers running around in hi-vis jackets
FlyingScientist is offline  
Old Dec 11, 19, 4:52 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Programs: Mucci, BA
Posts: 9,603
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
That was only possible on the fast jet.
And on a pesky Saab/Embraer RTM-LCY
BA6501 is offline  
Old Dec 11, 19, 5:12 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 181
Sometimes they fly that route the longway round. With a technical stop in SYD.
JohnIreland is offline  
Old Dec 11, 19, 8:25 pm
  #12  
Moderator, Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Where My Heart Is
Programs: BAEC Silver, EK Blue
Posts: 3,003
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
That was only possible on the fast jet.
Not necessarily. Departing DME a few years ago when they still changed their clocks, we left at 18:15hrs and landed at LHR at 18:10hrs. Nearest I ever got to Concorde travel.
Saltire74 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: