FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Flounge Gossip (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1999349-flounge-gossip.html)

Buzzz Dec 11, 2019 5:13 am

Flounge Gossip

After completing the rather comprehensive survey about my wishes for the future of the First Lounge, I got the feeling that there might be some changes in the works. I'm in the Flounge right now, and there is a group of 7 people walking around with a stack of blueprints and floor plans. I lacked the gumption to eavesdrop, but I get the idea there may be something rather major in the works?

UKtravelbear Dec 11, 2019 5:19 am

they are working out which of the remaining working plug sockets to take out of service.

peter h Dec 11, 2019 5:30 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 31828452)
they are working out which of the remaining working plug sockets to take out of service.

And where to install the new heaters.

mikeyfly Dec 11, 2019 5:34 am

Which shape of pasta should be used for Mac n Cheese ?

A P Yu Dec 11, 2019 5:49 am

Planning more space to sell to advertisers?

LCY8737 Dec 11, 2019 5:53 am

Reducing size to give it a more cosy feel.

WingsAroundtheWorld Dec 11, 2019 5:57 am

Who needs sofa / chairs to sit on anyway?
Perhaps they can put a few more cheap pastries in!

ThatT1Feeling Dec 11, 2019 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Buzzz (Post 31828438)
After completing the rather comprehensive survey about my wishes for the future of the First Lounge, I got the feeling that there might be some changes in the works. I'm in the Flounge right now, and there is a group of 7 people walking around with a stack of blueprints and floor plans. I lacked the gumption to eavesdrop, but I get the idea there may be something rather major in the works?

Was that the survey which came out yesterday?? Pretty quick response if so! I just made it clear that for me, any improvements had to include the toilets which are really really poor in terms of availability, maintenance and overall "fragrance"

HIDDY Dec 11, 2019 6:07 am

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...866ea999de.jpg

Skyline Dec 11, 2019 6:07 am

Looks like the posse also went Galleries South and were standing in a group around the food islands - I was going to eavesdrop, but got distracted by some fresh bacon rolls!

GrahamClarke Dec 11, 2019 6:55 am

Maybe they're going to enhance away the existing chairs and replace them with bean bags.

WickedStepMother Dec 11, 2019 7:04 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 31828558)

It took a while but I finally got it! :D

TTmex Dec 11, 2019 7:06 am

Originally Posted by 13901 (Post 31828670)
Polo must be tucked into their trousers - pardon, “pants”. Bonus points for those wearing New Balance sneakers.

Free extra beer if called Randy, Ched or Hank, and with a teengage son in tow wearing an American football top and oversized headphones.

But moving back on topic, what might be proposed changes? I did notice the lounge survey got sent to me three times, once relating to a trip back in August. Could T5 really be ready for a major overhaul?

13901 Dec 11, 2019 7:12 am

Back in 2018 there had been a project on lounges, which was then put on hold pending decisions on the future of T5 in the third runway / T5 “Plus” scenario. Perhaps an egg has been laid and they are now ready for changes?

TTmex Dec 11, 2019 7:16 am

One of my best friends is still proud to have been part of the original lounge committee that voted on placing the horses with lampshades in the lounges. He's long gone from BA now, though.

I'd personally like them to add in a few things that we could expect from lounges in other places, e.g. games room, a proper area for watching sports (sealed off from rest of lounge so not to cause problems with noise) and a major overhaul of the bathrooms.