Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pre-notification of Shannon stop: BA286 (SFO-LHR) 10DEC

Pre-notification of Shannon stop: BA286 (SFO-LHR) 10DEC

Old Dec 11, 19, 11:35 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Flying Club
[QUOTE=FT-Diplomat;31826217]because "San Jose was so far away" - QUOTE]

Not only that, but do you know the way?
Old Dec 11, 19, 11:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, GFL, GGL/CCR
I almost didn’t! In trying to avoid the traffic, I inadvertently found more of it and made to the airport with 50 minutes before departure.
Old Dec 11, 19, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Up in the air...
Originally Posted by ScouseAndy View Post
I almost didn’t! In trying to avoid the traffic, I inadvertently found more of it and made to the airport with 50 minutes before departure.
I almost had the same issue but someone in the office was wiser and “kicked me out” early saying I would otherwise miss my flight...

It was my first time through SJC (always did SFO in the past as I forget SJC is there), and agree with your comments: a breeze! In fact, going through TSA security there was quicker than The First Wing for transfer on arrival (with the broken-down x-Ray)

Lovely crew indeed, and not bumpy at all despite the predictions from the first officer before takeoff, so got some decent sleep. Managed to be reassigned to 7K on boarding (which was blocked for crew rest up to that point) and also got the LGPS, but decided asking for the desert wine was stretching my luck

Whilst boarding my connecting flight I received a text from BA apologising for the long flight and delay coming into London on my flight from SFO... hopefully a good crew on that flight as well for those that didn’t manage to get rerouted!
Old Dec 11, 19, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue, Radisson, Accor
They seem to have done the crew change at Shannon in 42 minutes and arrived exactly 1 hour later than scheduled at Heathrow.
Old Dec 11, 19, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by martin102 View Post
They seem to have done the crew change at Shannon in 42 minutes and arrived exactly 1 hour later than scheduled at Heathrow.
Sounds very well executed.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: