Wiki Posts
Search

SJO via JFK club suite/DFW

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Gold
SJO via JFK club suite/DFW

Managed to bag an I-class fare LHR-JFK-SJO-DFW-LHR for £2050 2 weeks out which i didn't think was too bad. Still a little way to go to retain gold with the TPs but was due a holiday!

LHR-JFK is currently showing as the new suite - I gather the seats are all the same and only difference is windows? Could someone kindly point me in the direction of a thread laying this out if possible? Are there any preferred suites? Front mini cabin mostly full. I'm travelling with my best mate but he'll likely prefer a window also rather than middle pair as they look at quite a distance anyway? It's the 777 obviously - running rows 5-17.

I've never done top deck 747 for the DFW return. It's pretty much wide open. Have currently bagged 64K and friend in 64J for now. I think consensus is that's a good seat with no one climbing over you - but not too close to the gallery for an overnight flight?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Boeing 777 Club Suites: route info and updates
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
64K is a very good seat (if you are under 6' tall), 64J is a terrible seat. If you want your friend to still be your friend after the flight, move your seats to row 62.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Airprox
64K is a very good seat (if you are under 6' tall), 64J is a terrible seat. If you want your friend to still be your friend after the flight, move your seats to row 62.
Thank you - i'm actually 6'4" so struggle to fit in club world (the few times i've flown it) and normally have to sleep at an angle and slip my feet round the seat in front of me when I can. Would love a longer stretch - is 64K a tight squeeze?
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by muggle
Thank you - i'm actually 6'4" so struggle to fit in club world (the few times i've flown it) and normally have to sleep at an angle and slip my feet round the seat in front of me when I can. Would love a longer stretch - is 64K a tight squeeze?
At 6'4" you definitely won't fit in 64K, it is a standard 6' long CW seat and there is a solid wall immediately behind the footrest which means you would have to sleep with your legs bent. You need to be in 62A/K which have nothing behind the footrest so you can just stick over the end. As an added bonus your friend won't have their head in the toilet.
muggle likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Airprox
At 6'4" you definitely won't fit in 64K, it is a standard 6' long CW seat and there is a solid wall immediately behind the footrest which means you would have to sleep with your legs bent. You need to be in 62A/K which have nothing behind the footrest so you can just stick over the end. As an added bonus your friend won't have their head in the toilet.
Thank you so much...j

I just checked map and 62 A/K both taken...what would you recommend as next best window for 6'4" that doesn't like having to climb over people but does need to sleep straight!

map here:
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
That BA seat map doesn’t bear much resemblance to the real thing with respect to the exit row. Have a look in here: Boeing 747-400. Which are the best seats?
muggle likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There is a bit of a gap between the end of the seat rest and the wall, I'm 6 ft 1, and I'd normally assume on more than 3 inches (why am I not using metric) from my heel to the bulkhead. At OLCI you can go for 64A perhaps, or call up for it, which has a bit more space. I would be ok to stick with 64K in your circumstances but grab 64A if you can.
muggle likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
At 6’4 I suspect you could be one of the few who will lament the end of the old seat, when you need to contort your legs to squeeze your feet into the foot coffin!
muggle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.