Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Avios flight search "British Airways and its partners do not fly this route."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Watergate

I'm seeing what might be a bug on ba.com when booking a flight with Avios and I'm curious if anyone has a workaround.

I'm searching for flights from aus-zrh on 11/28/20 (355 days from the day I am posting this). When I try to search, I get the error "British Airways and its partners do not fly this route. Please consider alternative destinations or contact your executive club service centre".

I know the initial reaction is that BA obviously doesn't fly this route. This error always comes up on the first day of ticket availability. When I try tomorrow, it will work for 11/28/20 but I'll get the same error for 11/29.

The route should be an aus-lhr and then lhr-zrh. I don't think this is just an issue of the data still loading on release day as other airports with similar routes are loading without issue and it is currently 40 minutes after availability was released.

Any thoughts on if this is something I'm able to work around on my own?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
If I am understanding your issue, isn’t the LHR-ZRH flight the problem? While the AUS-LHR might be available the LHR-ZRH is the next day and is not available at the same time.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 6:34 pm

If we understand your question correctly, jerry's got it. Seats are released for 355 days including the current date. The LON-ZRH segment falls on the next day, hence it isn't available yet.

If you're concerned about availability on the AUS-LHR leg, I'm certain (but haven't done it myself) that you can book the AUS-LHR leg online now, then after the clock rolls over to midnight GMT, phone the call center to have the LHR-ZRH leg added. It will then be reticketed, with Avios and taxes recalculated.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
However, even if it's a date availability issue, the system shouldn't return a "British Airways and its partners do not fly this route."

BA IT sometimes is really bad frustrating.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I just tried (today 9DEC) an Avios search for AUS-ZRH and the last day that ba.com will not let me search is 27NOV19. It returns with availability through LHR. ba.com will not let me select or enter 28NOV. If I use the old multi-city search interface and input 28NOV20, ba.com returns this message:
  • Sorry, it is only possible to book flights up to 355 days in advance. Please select an alternative date within this range.
OP, what page at ba.com were you on today when you were able to select or enter 28NOV when you were searching and obtaining your results?

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Dec 9, 2019 at 11:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.