Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Upgrade holidays booking (Flight+Car) with Avios?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit

Is it possible to upgrade a holidays booking with Avios?

If so, who on Earth do I have to call (from the U.S.)? BAEC says they can't do it, and the U.S. number for BA Holidays on BA.com (1-877-428-2228) doesn't work at all (always says that "this department is currently closed"). Looking through my e-ticket receipts, the only contact mechanism listed is https://ba.com/yourquestions, but that just takes me to the main BA.com page.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
You definitely can. Try calling the UK number via Skype and selecting the option for changing a booking including a hotel or car hire.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
You can (if there is space obviously), and you need to call the ba holiday number corresponding to the country where your itinerary was issued (usually the country of first departure).
Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I think that it depends on where the holiday is flying from, when I had booked a trip LIN-LHR-XXX-LHR and wanted to upgrade the booking with Avios I had to call the "Europe" branch of BA holidays as the UK branch said that they could not do anything at all with the booking. This was a right pain as they never ever answered their phones and I spent 3 days calling whenever I got the chance until I got through. They then very quickly did it for me.

The Europe team is based in Bremen, Germany by the way.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
UPDATE: I finally managed to get through. (Apparently BA Holidays U.S. number is only available in the morning!)

Unfortunately, I was told that I cannot upgrade my DFW-LHR flight (which has availability) because the LHR-MUC leg does not. My co-worker, who is a BA Gold, says that this is "solid gold ........." Anyone have any thoughts on who might be correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.