Parking for one day at T5

Old Dec 7, 19, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold
Parking for one day at T5

Thinking of taking a day trip to somewhere in Europe on Tuesday next week as I have to be at the airport anyway to drop somebody off at 5am...

Does anybody have any suggestions for cheap options for one day parking that is easily accessible to/from T5?
Old Dec 7, 19, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA
T5 official long stay is £28 for the day.
Purple Parking is coming in at £16.95.
Both involve shuttle bus transfers and the Purple Parking option is further away.

Hatton Cross station NCP is £13 for the day. You'll need to incorporate the cost of the tube as well.

Have you thought about a visit to the BA Heritage Centre on Tuesday? When I went they allowed me to park over near Hatton Cross in a staff car park and provided a pass for the BA staff shuttle bus to/from Waterside that stopped at T5 in each direction.
Old Dec 7, 19, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Ibis Plat,
PP might be further away as mentioned but being realistic it's like less than 15 minutes away from T5. Regular service transfer. If money no option then fill your boots elsewhere or just give me the cash!! I'll use it for another flight somewhere for a day trip! I get annoyed at some of the ridiculous prices for parking at airports.
Old Dec 7, 19, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions, I think Purple Parking may be the way forward, no point paying the extra to HAL and I think once I have got to Hatton Cross the costs of getting back to T5 make it less worth it.
Old Dec 7, 19, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft View Post
Have you thought about a visit to the BA Heritage Centre on Tuesday? When I went they allowed me to park over near Hatton Cross in a staff car park and provided a pass for the BA staff shuttle bus to/from Waterside that stopped at T5 in each direction.
That is tempting, I hadnít thought about that!
Old Dec 7, 19, 5:23 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by wilsnunn View Post
That is tempting, I hadnít thought about that!
You need to arrange your visit before the day so that they can email you the car park access and shuttle pass
Old Dec 7, 19, 5:30 pm

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Budget version: Yourparkingspace.co.uk has a few driveways for rent down by the Southern Perimeter Rd, from about £6. Then itís a short walk to the Cargo centre bus stop and the free bus to T5.
Old Dec 7, 19, 5:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
£6.50 to park at Hounslow West Tube Station for the day, 3 stops on Piccadilly Line.
Old Dec 8, 19, 2:30 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by revorgap View Post
£6.50 to park at Hounslow West Tube Station for the day, 3 stops on Piccadilly Line.
That's what I've done the last couple of times and it works fine.
First tube is a little before 5am there.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: