Wiki Posts
Search

Talara not recognised on BA?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Talara not recognised on BA?

Was looking to book LON-LIM-TYL and back in May/June next year. BA system doesn't recogniseTYL . So do I have to book on Latam? So BA misses out on a long haul Club Class sale . . .
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:27 am
Suspended

I did book LIM-TYL on Ba.com using Avios, so yes TYL is recognised by Ba.com.
Are you looking for LGW-LIM-TYL through ticketing?
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I assume this is a revenue booking. With a few exceptions, BA.com only shows BA's fares and codeshares under BA marketing. And yes BA has no codeshare to TYL. It is sometimes possible for a contact centre agent to construct a fare, even if it isn't shown online, but I must admit I'd suspect TYL may still not show up for them. Your alternatives include going to a travel agent (ideally a traditional agent such on the high street or a virtual working agency rather than one of the big online travel agents) or via Iberia, which does seem to have some attractive fares from the UK to TYL on their codeshares.
FlyerTalker39574 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
yes it's a revenue booking. Trying to book online and TYL is not in the system. A pity since there's a reasonable connection with Latam which is still One World till October I think. I'll try my luck with the call centre . . .
Old Dec 7, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Apologies if this is off the mark in this case, but for many smaller airports BA.com will not autocomplete the airport name from the 3 letter code, but will still find flights if you just ignore the failure to autocomplete and carry on with the search.
fartoomanyusers likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.