777-300ER Club Suite Config: F8 J76 W40 Y130

Old Dec 7, 19, 8:20 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Posts: 521
777-300ER Club Suite Config Revealed: F8 J76 W40 Y130

Spotted from a Facebook group. Appears to be on BA173 rotation to JFK from September.

Club Suite is long, but split over the front three cabins after first. Y goes 10 across as expected and F shrinks from 14 to 8.

Seems the 77Wís will inherit more of the high-J 747 network, so perhaps with the A350 3-class and 4-class configs taking some of the existing 77W network?
dubistokay likes this.

Last edited by World Traveller Fuss; Dec 7, 19 at 9:58 am
World Traveller Fuss is offline  
Old Dec 7, 19, 8:28 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Scotland
Programs: Warrant Card, BA Blue, PFOA
Posts: 298
Goes from Row 5 to 18 being the last Club Suite row, row 18 shows only two Club Suite seats together..the bassinet seats are row 8E/F and 18E/F
argonath is offline  
Old Dec 7, 19, 9:06 am
  #3  
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: London, UK
Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/Gold for Life
Posts: 10,655
A number of my JFK flights for 2020 have switched to the new aircraft. Any suggestions on the best seats?
Markie is offline  
Old Dec 7, 19, 9:58 am
  #4  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 72
Well that has to be the most premium heavy 777 anywhere to be found.
PGFlyer85 is offline  
Old Dec 7, 19, 10:35 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Cambridge
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 762
Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss View Post
Seems the 77Wís will inherit more of the high-J 747 network, so perhaps with the A350 3-class and 4-class configs taking some of the existing 77W network?
For routes like HND, HKG and SIN/SYD, I canít help but think that there is going to be a gap between the 77Ws being reconfigured and the arrival of the 779. All of those routes would seem to require F, which rules out the A350. Also, the need for cargo capacity rules out the 78X as Iím sure it would be payload restricted on those longer routes.
TedToToe is offline  
Old Dec 7, 19, 10:48 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 802
Originally Posted by TedToToe View Post
For routes like HND, HKG and SIN/SYD, I canít help but think that there is going to be a gap between the 77Ws being reconfigured and the arrival of the 779. All of those routes would seem to require F, which rules out the A350. Also, the need for cargo capacity rules out the 78X as Iím sure it would be payload restricted on those longer routes.
Youíre right, to a point. For reference the current layout is
14F/56J/44W/183Y. My guess is that BA will oversell W and Y in the interim, if the 77W makes sense overall. W could be fertile ground for upgrades on SIN-SYD, for example. The other option would be 4 class 772s, but if cargo is important the 77W is a monster. For SIN and HKG they might decide to send two 77Ws instead of a 77W/A380 combination which would reign the F and J numbers back a bit. 173J between the 77w and A380 seems a heck of a lot for any destination served twice daily.

BA do have a lot of options, the later A350s might get the rumoured 4 class layout or routes might see F dropped. Sin-SYD could go A350, for example. Some routes will have to loose F as 3 class A350s come to replace the 4 class 747s. It wonít be many though - I donít think any 777s are loosing F during the CS refit?
TedToToe likes this.
BrianDromey is offline  
Old Dec 7, 19, 11:03 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Programs: BA Exec Club
Posts: 272
Originally Posted by BrianDromey View Post
Youíre right, to a point. For reference the current layout is
14F/56J/44W/183Y. My guess is that BA will oversell W and Y in the interim, if the 77W makes sense overall. W could be fertile ground for upgrades on SIN-SYD, for example. The other option would be 4 class 772s, but if cargo is important the 77W is a monster. For SIN and HKG they might decide to send two 77Ws instead of a 77W/A380 combination which would reign the F and J numbers back a bit. 173J between the 77w and A380 seems a heck of a lot for any destination served twice daily.

BA do have a lot of options, the later A350s might get the rumoured 4 class layout or routes might see F dropped. Sin-SYD could go A350, for example. Some routes will have to loose F as 3 class A350s come to replace the 4 class 747s. It wonít be many though - I donít think any 777s are loosing F during the CS refit?
Some 777s are losing first. All YMM* frames with first are losing them and replaced with club suite
opus99 is offline  
Old Dec 7, 19, 5:25 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,710
Originally Posted by PGFlyer85 View Post
Well that has to be the most premium heavy 777 anywhere to be found.
Anyone got a pic of layout?

Wonder how it compares to NH's 8F 64J 24W 116Y. NH has F/J/W occupying front to 4th set of doors, Y is 10across

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/AN...7-300ER_G.php#

UA doesn't have first, have 60J 24W 266Y, Y/W to 3rd set of doors
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Un...77-300ER_A.php

NH is/was the least density premium. UA is the highest density premium (due to Polaris seats, can cram more in same space). Want to compare

Last edited by paperwastage; Dec 8, 19 at 2:19 pm
paperwastage is online now  
Old Dec 7, 19, 5:49 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 802
Originally Posted by opus99 View Post
Some 777s are losing first. All YMM* frames with first are losing them and replaced with club suite
I hadnít realised that. Thanks for clarifying. It will be interesting to see what moves to Gatwick if BA increase the 777 fleet there - all the remaining refits are due to get CS I think.
https://pointmetotheplane.boardingar...d-suite-cabin/
Expertflyer has a seatmap for the 77W. 8F and 12J between doors 1&2, 40J between doors 2&3, 22J & 40W between 3&4, 130Y between doors 4&5. Itís not clear where the galleys and toilets are going to be from that map, but currently the galleys are at 2L/R and the toilets at 3L/R. I suspect the layout will remain broadly the same. This will almost certainly mean a lot of traffic in the aisles at mealtimes in the large middle cabin but the forward and rear sections will be fairly undisturbed, although meals might take a while to be delivered to the rearmost sections. Hand delivering the trays on these will be a nightmare. Especially on short overnights from the East Coast which is predicted to be the main role for the refitted 77Ws.
becks1 likes this.
BrianDromey is offline  
Old Dec 8, 19, 5:54 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 972
Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
Anyone got a pic of layout?

dougzz is offline  
Old Dec 8, 19, 2:20 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,710
Originally Posted by dougzz View Post
Well, I wanted to see the layout and how the seats were squeezed together between the different exit doors

NH is/was the least density premium heavy (only 212 seats on plane). UA is the highest density premium heavy (due to Polaris seats, can cram more in same space). Want to compare
paperwastage is online now  
Old Dec 8, 19, 2:35 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lewes
Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Posts: 4,712
Changing to 10 abreast seating in Y as well.....
Skipcool3 is offline  
Old Dec 8, 19, 2:37 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA Blue
Posts: 333
Will these new High J 777-300s replace all the 747 JFK services? Or will the 747 hang around on some JFK rotations until they retire?
BAeuro is offline  
Old Dec 8, 19, 2:45 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Cambridge
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 762
Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
Well, I wanted to see the layout and how the seats were squeezed together between the different exit doors

NH is/was the least density premium heavy (only 212 seats on plane). UA is the highest density premium heavy (due to Polaris seats, can cram more in same space). Want to compare
One data point is to compare the number of seats between doors 2 and 3. NH has 44 seats, whilst BA has 42. Of course, toilet and galley positions will vary. Having flown NH, one of the things I dislike is that half of the window seats are not actually window seats, given how they offset alternating rows! Likewise, if you are travelling as a couple (heaven forbid!) centre seats are spaced apart. I think BA are onto a winner!
TedToToe is offline  
Old Dec 8, 19, 3:03 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,710
Originally Posted by TedToToe View Post
One data point is to compare the number of seats between doors 2 and 3. NH has 44 seats, whilst BA has 42. Of course, toilet and galley positions will vary. Having flown NH, one of the things I dislike is that half of the window seats are not actually window seats, given how they offset alternating rows! Likewise, if you are travelling as a couple (heaven forbid!) centre seats are spaced apart. I think BA are onto a winner!
NH's new 212 seat (the one I linked) fixes the window and couple (in middle seats together) problems

Same as BA, both NH&BA will take time to refresh their 77W to the new layouts
paperwastage is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: