Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mac and Cheese

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
Pasta and cheese, cheap student food served with a sprig of parsley’s make everyone feel like they are a bit special.

No fooling me! 😉 I think I’ll stick with the frozen burger and chips
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
Originally Posted by bafan
But surely it's just 'pasta with cheese sauce' if it's not made with macaroni ?
No, that would require changing the label.
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 12:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
If you request the brioche bun used for the BA Burger you can fix yourself a mighty fine overstuffed sandwich using the salt beef.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
If you request the brioche bun used for the BA Burger you can fix yourself a mighty fine overstuffed sandwich using the salt beef.
Had no intention of making it a sandwich, but requested some mustard (another of the burger ‘elements’! ) and added a bit of the ruby cole slaw on the side (i object to mayonnaise in slaws but had enough fish to fry already!) and it was a very nice plate!
Vinotraveller likes this.

Last edited by orbitmic; Dec 10, 2019 at 1:28 am
Old Dec 10, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by orbitmic
added a bit of the ruby coke slaw on the side (i object to mayonnaise in slaws but had enough fish to fry already!)
But fizzy drinks in them are OK?!

(An obvious auto-carrot [sic!] on a phone I know, but some typos are too good to resist)
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
But fizzy drinks in them are OK?!

(An obvious auto-carrot [sic!] on a phone I know, but some typos are too good to resist)
Exactly. And since I don’t tend to drink or talk about coke I suspect the nasty company probably bought auto correct!!
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
I’m more concerned by the increasing use of the term “Mac and cheese” instead of plain old “macaroni cheese”, which seems to be gathering pace in the last few years.
Ldnn1 and nancypants like this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by Scots_Al
I’m more concerned by the increasing use of the term “Mac and cheese” instead of plain old “macaroni cheese”, which seems to be gathering pace in the last few years.
It's so they can say it's the dish's name rather than it having to contain macaroni. At some point, they'll swap out the cheese.
Scots_Al and nancypants like this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 3:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
About a week ago, I received my CCR mac and cheese (penne) but it was ice cold, so she brought a second one within minutes and it was elbow pasta.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 3:53 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by SkyTeem
About a week ago, I received my CCR mac and cheese (penne) but it was ice cold, so she brought a second one within minutes and it was elbow pasta.
It's amazing how this sort of thing still happens.

I'm not trying to start a EK v BA argument, but even at outstations like MAN, EK provide a fantastic selection of hot and cold food in their lounges (far better than the on-board food IME). There were about 10 hot item choices on Saturday. The Thai Chicken curry was lovely, and that was after a really fresh prawn salad starter.

If BA are going to do Mac and Cheese, at least get it right... It's not a hard dish!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.