Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-MAN 6th Dec effected by French disputes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Just received this from BA for my 1845 LHR-MAN on 6th Dec. I guess this will be related to delays as I’m sure the route to MAN doesn’t go over France :0)

Due to planned industrial action by French Air Traffic Control on 6th December, expected to affect flights to and from France as well as those flying in French airspace, your flight tomorrow may be subject to a delay. Our teams will be working hard both overnight tonight and throughout the day tomorrow to minimise any disruption to our services, however we would like to apologise in advance if your journey is affected.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
BA1402 is expected to use GEUPG but I don't see where its coming from before it does the LHR-MAN leg. Chances are, it's got a rotation in Europe so will be held up on its journey in to the UK.

EDIT: there's a chance its coming in as BA809 from CPH, scheduled in blocks time of 1740 - not a lot of wiggle room
Old Dec 5, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
I’ve got that email too. And I’m on the first MAN flight out of the morning. So I guess someone in BA sent it to anyone who has a booking on the 6th.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, GFL, GGL/CCR
Yes, I got the same for my flight to Manchester BA1396 at 15.15 tomorrow (6th). Was quite surprised. I might be booking a backup train as need to be back on time!
Old Dec 5, 2019, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Well this will be fun... it’s my positioning flight for the next day
Old Dec 5, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by NeilP
Well this will be fun... it’s my positioning flight for the next day
Me too... Edinburgh. I am trying to get into the spirit of the situation by practising my Gallic shrug.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by ScouseAndy
Yes, I got the same for my flight to Manchester BA1396 at 15.15 tomorrow (6th). Was quite surprised. I might be booking a backup train as need to be back on time!
Yours looks like it could be coming in on GEUOB from OSL, BA763, scheduled in blocks 1320
Old Dec 5, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I've got that message for my AMS flight
Old Dec 5, 2019, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Krisz
I’ve got that email too. And I’m on the first MAN flight out of the morning. So I guess someone in BA sent it to anyone who has a booking on the 6th.
The first flight LHR-MAN is the 0710 BA1370 and that looks like it's GEUYA's first rotation of the day, so you "should" be ok. That said, if it's frosty first thing there may be de-icing ops going on so you could have a delay for that if they can't do it early.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Also got the note for Tenerife to LGW....makes a bit more sense there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.