combining 2 BA CHASE 2-4-1 vouchers

Old Dec 4, 19, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
combining 2 BA CHASE 2-4-1 vouchers

I have two 2-4-1 vouchers. I'd like to utilize both on the same reservation in order to secure 4 CW seats. Is it possible to do so online, or do I need to phone in? Or perhaps I should book two separate reservations utilizing one voucher each?
Old Dec 4, 19, 5:39 pm

No, you can’t book two separate reservations.....because the voucher holder will need to be on both reservations.

But you can use two vouchers on an on-line booking, according to the FlyerTalk 2-4-1 wiki:

“Q: I want to use two vouchers at the same time for four people to travel together. Can I book this on ba.com?
A: Yes. If you are holding two valid vouchers earned using a Premium Plus card, you can use two vouchers to book for four people travelling together (including yourself), paying the Avios for two people and the taxes, fees and charges for four. If you want to book this on ba.com, you must check for availability for four passengers.”

That question was written for UK Amex cardholders, but should also be applicable for US voucher holders.

Why not try a dummy booking to find out?
Old Dec 4, 19, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

thank you for your response. When I try to do a dummy booking I can select only one voucher at the time. Very annoying, as phoning in is usually a pretty painful and long matter, but I'm afraid it's the only solution then.

You're right, the voucher holder has to be on the reservation so it's impossible to do separate bookings under the same name. Although, the other adult has one voucher as well, so we might be able to use that instead.
Old Dec 5, 19, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Red, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hyperspace View Post

You're right, the voucher holder has to be on the reservation so it's impossible to do separate bookings under the same name. Although, the other adult has one voucher as well, so we might be able to use that instead.
If that's the case, IME of one event on a BA Amex, BA will need both account holders present during the call and you WILL end up with two separate bookings. But the end result is that you get four seats and it was pretty painless (they block out the four seats at the start of the process to avoid them going during the 20 minute or so call).
Old Dec 5, 19, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by SavvyTravel View Post
If that's the case, IME of one event on a BA Amex, BA will need both account holders present during the call and you WILL end up with two separate bookings. But the end result is that you get four seats and it was pretty painless (they block out the four seats at the start of the process to avoid them going during the 20 minute or so call).
You will not need the other account holder on the phone call if they have named you as their “third part nominee” under the “Manage My Account” tab on BA.com. You will receive a password to verify your status.

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_us
SavvyTravel likes this.
Old Dec 5, 19, 6:35 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
This page https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ravel-together suggests you can use both of your own vouchers together in this way.

It’s a bit clumsily written and you may need to phone up but the intent seems clear.

A Member who has two valid vouchers on their account has the option to redeem both of them on one flight, but must do so across two bookings. The Avios flight price must be paid for the Member and an additional individual in order that the 2 Companions can travel on that booking. If booking for the Member and an additional 2 companions (grand total of 3 passengers) then the booking will need to be processed through the contact centre.
Old Dec 5, 19, 11:16 am
Original Poster

account has the option to redeem both of them on one flight, but must do so across two bookings.
that's the part a bit confusing to me, it seems to suggest that I can make two reservations for the same flight using one voucher each, while at the same time saying that avios price has to be paid for another individual. Does it mean I can use the second voucher by booking a third person (paying full avios) and their companion (paying taxes "only"), separately from another reservation with my name and my companion?

Doing a quick dummy booking, when it's time to input passengers' information, my name is already pre-populated for passenger 1 and cannot be edited, so I believe the only way to utilize two vouchers for 4 passengers is to phone up the call center.

Last edited by hyperspace; Dec 5, 19 at 11:20 am Reason: added note about dummy booking
Old Dec 5, 19, 5:33 pm

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by hyperspace View Post
that's the part a bit confusing to me, it seems to suggest that I can make two reservations for the same flight using one voucher each, while at the same time saying that avios price has to be paid for another individual. Does it mean I can use the second voucher by booking a third person (paying full avios) and their companion (paying taxes "only"), separately from another reservation with my name and my companion?

Doing a quick dummy booking, when it's time to input passengers' information, my name is already pre-populated for passenger 1 and cannot be edited, so I believe the only way to utilize two vouchers for 4 passengers is to phone up the call center.
That’s why I said it was clumsy. The first sentence implies two bookings; the second implies one (two companions on a singular “that” booking). I don’t suppose one or two bookings really matters. It seems clear to me that yes you can use your two voucher on one trip, paying for yourself and one other, and having two companions for “free”. By calling...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: