Search

CE row 1 and cabin crew time.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
CE row 1 and cabin crew time.

CSMs time monopolized by CE row 1?

Not something I have noticed much before, but on yesterday's LHR-HEL meal service was done from the cart. 2 CC serving 12 rows of CE. Both started the service, with one serving food and CSM doing drinks, however the CSM got chatting to 1A&C and left the poor other CC to continue. He managed to serve food and drink down to row 9 single handed before CSM rejoined him.

After meal service, he plus other CC did all the clearing and additional drink runs while CSM spent 48mins chatting to 1A&C. The only time the CSM broke her conversation was to top up 1A&C.

In short the 'single' handed member of CC was amazing and somewhat let down by the CSM.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Obviously working on getting a Golden Ticket!
flygirl68, YacozA and RoyalSwazi like this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Based on the post the CC working deserve the ticket and the CSM a good telling off.

OP please do a complements submission to BA about the CC who actully did work hard.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
I wonder if we can look forward to a contribution to the 'Gold member personal greeting' thread praising the CSM for the special welcome they received...
flygirl68 and 81romeo like this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Cabin crew clearly knew who 1A/C were and gave them the proper gold greetinng.

Can we now merge this thread with the two existing threads?
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The behaviour described by the OP sounds like the exact opposite of leading by example.

And I wonder just how much personal satisfaction there is to be had from, say, winning a Golden Ticket, if - in the process - you lose the respect of your fellow CC.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by LCY8737
Cabin crew clearly knew who 1A/C were and gave them the proper gold greetinng.

Can we now merge this thread with the two existing threads?
A proper Gold greeting should take a couple of minutes at most not the extended length of time in this case - OP says 48 minutes!
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gold recognition is a “nice to do” and should always be done after or during giving ALL customers the best possible service that time will allow.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
A proper Gold greeting should take a couple of minutes at most not the extended length of time in this case - OP says 48 minutes!
You clearly don't know who 1A&C were!
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
I had a really irritating crew member recently who chatted to my wife for almost an hour and wouldn't leave us alone.

Should we book into row 2 next time to avoid this awful intrusion?
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No you need to change your wife to a less attractive and interesting one.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by smokie36
I had a really irritating crew member recently who chatted to my wife for almost an hour and wouldn't leave us alone.

Should we book into row 2 next time to avoid this awful intrusion?
Wouldn’t risk row 2 either, if I were you

Book an exit row seat. You’ll have a brief visit from one of the CC to check that you’re aware of your responsibilities. Shouldn’t take more than around 15 or 20 seconds, after which you’ll be left undisturbed (and with more legroom, too).
Old Dec 1, 2019, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by subject2load
The behaviour described by the OP sounds like the exact opposite of leading by example.
Exactly my point. The CSM was in total chatting to 1A&C for over a 3rd of the flight. They service was impacted but only minimally because of the effort by other CC. It is my intention to send a note regarding the extremely hard working CC. It does make we wonder about the example set, it is this sort of thing that leads to the inconsistent service that we then all complain about.

I did hear, one passenger challenge the CSM regarding the service, to which she simply replied that it was a busy flight with 12 rows of CE and some delay was to be expected.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

As a side thought. At what level is a third CC assigned to CE? 12 rows with two crew for service seems a lot. Although other CC joined them to clear once BOB had been completed.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Akoz
As a side thought. At what level is a third CC assigned to CE? 12 rows with two crew for service seems a lot. Although other CC joined them to clear once BOB had been completed.
Depends on the Club passenger load and the aircraft type.
Somewhere around 42 Club passengers from memory triggers the additional crew member on the A320. Assuming the CSM was diligent enough to challenge this if the passenger load was above the crew compliment provided and it hadn't automatically triggered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.