Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Customer Guidelines - "Rebook any other carrier prime flight"

Customer Guidelines - "Rebook any other carrier prime flight"

Old Dec 3, 2019, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by flyslow
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but have somewhat relevant question.
BA cancelled my LGW-CAG flight and rebooked me to day later. While not a major issue I would still prefer to travel on my originally chosen date. I saw this on the list

Would they change my outbound to LGW-NAP, which I believe is just under 300 miles? And leave inbound as it is?
Of course with current shuffling it's not given that flights to NAP will stick to current schedule.
Quick call to BA, agent checked that NAP to CAG distance is 299 miles (yay ) and rebooked without an issue.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by cauchy
Hi Flyertalk

My summer evening flight from an EU destination to LGW has been cancelled, and BA is offering a replacement flight ~9 hours earlier, which simply isn't suitable.

The "Standard customer guidelines" at https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...mer-guidelines have an Option 10, which I would interpret to mean I could be rebooked on another carrier to fly out in the evening (any of AF, KL, LH, EI or U2 would do the trick), albeit on a 1-stop basis.

The phone agent says Option 10 applies to IB only (even though its mentioned in earlier options), and so says my options are only to (1) fly in the morning, (2) fly in the morning, but via Madrid, or (3) cancel. The agent has now annotated my booking and told me to call Customer Services to see if there's anything else that can be done.

Am I out of luck here? Or is there a realistic chance they will move on this? This trip is 6 months away: if they don't move, with CEDR be worth a shot?
Hi the trade guidelines that you have looked at are in a different format to what is used in the contact centre for direct bookings and some of the policy wordings are different. The guidelines you refer to for rebooking other prime carrier can only be used if the flight you are due to travel on is cancelled within 24 hours of travel therefore a trip for next year is well out of scope.

Last edited by Anonba; Dec 4, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Old Dec 4, 2019, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by cauchy
Thanks for all this!

There's an 18.15 AF service to CDG which can connect onto something going to LHR that same night, and that would be the least worst outcome for me. The alternative would be a 16.35 EI service to DUB, connecting onto something to London, but I don't think there's redemption availability there.

Ultimately I cannot accept BA's offer of a morning flight. So if they refuse to budge its a choice between booking U2 now and seeking reimbursement, or waiting it out and hoping the cedr says they must rebook me (and if they don't, then I need to buy the U2 ticket anyway, and it's likely more expensive then, but travel insurance might help). Not ideal!
I would find it strange there is no redemption availability for EI (assuming you are willing to go to DUB-LHR instead of LGW). The EI flight is only a couple hours earlier and would seem like a reasonable alternative (or though not ideal as it still cuts you short a little).
Old Dec 4, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Have you considered returning the following day on the BA flight? You would probably have to pay for the hotel for the extra night close to BOD (Not sure whether BA would pay under duty of care?) Also assumes you can have an extra day of holiday.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.