Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA207 [LHR-MIA] delay 1 Dec

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2019, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question BA207 [LHR-MIA] delay 1 Dec

Can anybody tell me the reason for the delay today please?
Old Dec 1, 2019, 4:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
For the benefit (etc etc), this the LHR - MIA flight from Heathrow terminal 3, which was due to be operated by G-CIVU, a 747 jumbo jet. Since this aircraft arrived back on time from Miami this morning, and is therefore on the premises, I would suspect that there was a technical issue either with Victor Uniform or with the original aircraft.It was due to depart at 09:35 (and I think they need slightly more than 3 hours to turn a 747 around at LHR) and is currently down with a 12:30 hrs departure. If you are at the airport I'd imagine they would have more information.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
For the benefit (etc etc), this the LHR - MIA flight from Heathrow terminal 3, which was due to be operated by G-CIVU, a 747 jumbo jet. Since this aircraft arrived back on time from Miami this morning, and is therefore on the premises, I would suspect that there was a technical issue either with Victor Uniform or with the original aircraft.It was due to depart at 09:35 (and I think they need slightly more than 3 hours to turn a 747 around at LHR) and is currently down with a 12:30 hrs departure. If you are at the airport I'd imagine they would have more information.
Just out of curiosity does the BA App ever explain the reason for the delay similar to what Easyjet do?
Old Dec 1, 2019, 5:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by simoflyer
Just out of curiosity does the BA App ever explain the reason for the delay similar to what Easyjet do?
It sometimes does, for example if the reason is "late inbound", but I'm not sure that helps much since it's just a logic point. Passengers who booked via BA.com and who have put in their correct personal details / OK'd the privacy settings should get text and emails with the specifics about the delay, which can be quite detailed. However as ever, the best information is from the captain at the end of boarding.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Looks like the BA207 still hasn’t departed LHR.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Left the gate at 2:06pm by the looks of it.

Delay code on EF is ZY

DOBA207/01DEC
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO * BA 207 0 SU 01DEC19
CITY INFO HOUR (LOCAL)

LHR ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE 1356
LEFT THE GATE 1406
DELAY ZY
ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 1805 MIA
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO* BA 207 0 SU 01DEC19
APT ARR DY DEP DY CLASS/MEAL EQP GRND EFT TTL
LHR 0935 SU FAJCDRIWETY/M 744 9:50
BHKMLVSNQOG/M
MIA 1425 SU 9:50
COMMENTS-
1.LHR MIA - MEMBER OF ONEWORLD
2.LHR MIA - DEPARTS TERMINAL 3
3.LHR MIA - 9/ NON-SMOKING
4.LHR MIA - SECURED FLIGHT
5.LHR MIA - ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE
6.LHR MIA - CO2/PAX* 441.57 KG ECO, 883.14 KG PRE
(*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR
CONFIGURATION-
744 F 14 J 52 W 36 M 235

It appears that G-CIVU operated in inbound 206 from MIA this morning which landed on time

Last edited by Tiger_lily; Dec 1, 2019 at 7:20 am
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:24 am

And ZY is rotational delay. Which in this context perhaps means that CIVU is a replacement frame for the originally assigned aircraft, which is / was running late. Or crew shortage. There are some disruptions in the network due to the weather events in the USA.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And ZY is rotational delay. Which in this context perhaps means that CIVU is a replacement frame for the originally assigned aircraft, which is / was running late. Or crew shortage. There are some disruptions in the network due to the weather events in the USA.
I’m not surprised. The north east is about to get hammered by a winter storm, and Thanksgiving in the west was apparently interesting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.