Wiki Posts
Search

Delays due to restricted airspace

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2019, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Virgin Flying Club Red, Swiss M&M Blue
Delays due to restricted airspace

Just boarded 417 in Lux. Showing on time but they've said we won't get to take off for an hour due to airspace restrictions. Anyone know what's going on today?
Old Nov 30, 2019, 3:07 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
From Eurocontrol Tactical update:

Aerodromes

EGLL (Heathrow)
Arrivals regulated due to forecast Low Visibility.
Moderate to high delays.

EGLC (London City)
Arrivals regulated due to Low Visibility.
High delays.

https://www.public.nm.eurocontrol.in...pec/index.html
dobba likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Fog I imagine - visibility was dreadful here in Berkshire so not surprising LHR is impacted.

It's starting to lift a bit now though.
dobba and ahmetdouas like this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks
Old Nov 30, 2019, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by Bohinjska Bistrica
Fog I imagine - visibility was dreadful here in Berkshire so not surprising LHR is impacted.

It's starting to lift a bit now though.
Looks like at least some of the inbounds to LCY this morning diverted to SEN and are now waiting for clearance to re-position.

An unwelcome reminder for me of the unpredictability of LCY in winter. Flying to MUC ans GVA from there in coming weeks.
dobba likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Nice to see cabin crew handing out tap water in economy cabin while we're waiting
Old Nov 30, 2019, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by dobba
Nice to see cabin crew handing out tap water in economy cabin while we're waiting
You must be on Luxair then I guess? lol
Old Nov 30, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Ambassador
I was on the flight from MUC that got diverted to SEN this morning. The 3rd time I've been diverted there in the past 3 months. So tedious.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes it was very foggy this morning at LHR. At various points you couldn’t see T5B from A.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Was there any de-icing involved? It was a very cold night near Heathrow, -2c which caused the mist.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Was there any de-icing involved? It was a very cold night near Heathrow, -2c which caused the mist.
flew on an 8am on Friday and the wings had the green de-icing fluid on it when we boarded so de-icing has been taken place for a few days.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by hartwith
I was on the flight from MUC that got diverted to SEN this morning. The 3rd time I've been diverted there in the past 3 months. So tedious.
LCY is a great little airport when it works, but it tends to go from great to disastrous in an instant. No intermediate steps of not-so-greatness in between.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 9:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hartwith
Don’t BA CF have a framework agreement in place with a local to SEN luxury coach operator for getting passengers from SEN to LCY in these diversion circumstances, or are such reasonable measures unthinkable?
Old Nov 30, 2019, 10:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by richardwft
Don’t BA CF have a framework agreement in place with a local to SEN luxury coach operator for getting passengers from SEN to LCY in these diversion circumstances, or are such reasonable measures unthinkable?
Missed opportunity I would say. Broadly a coach hire is £100 an hour, perhaps a bit more late at night, so let's say £200 for the 75 minute trip, but BA is OK to pay £50 for taxi fees - and sometimes more - for those sent to SEN or STN needing to get to London. So really it would save BA money to have such a coach on standby. However, there will be people like me who won't want to wait until the last person with a non European passport has negotiated entry into the UK from the friendly officers of the Border Force, collected vast amounts of checked luggage, had a smoke, gone to the WC (etc) who would therefore wreck the economics.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 10:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Missed opportunity I would say. Broadly a coach hire is £100 an hour, perhaps a bit more late at night, so let's say £200 for the 75 minute trip, but BA is OK to pay £50 for taxi fees - and sometimes more - for those sent to SEN or STN needing to get to London. So really it would save BA money to have such a coach on standby. However, there will be people like me who won't want to wait until the last person with a non European passport has negotiated entry into the UK from the friendly officers of the Border Force, collected vast amounts of checked luggage, had a smoke, gone to the WC (etc) who would therefore wreck the economics.
Would you wait on the coach for other passengers if they offered complimentary WiFi and complimentary tea/ coffee/ water?
What happens at AGP when a BA GIB flight is diverted because of high winds, are coaches provided?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.