BA Lounge Wi-fi passwords

Old Nov 29, 19, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
BA Lounge Wi-fi passwords

Having a discussion with a friend early in the morning and as we’re both really bored we’re trying to remember all the different BA lounge Wi-fi password. (Yes really exciting conversation happening here and this therefore is probably the most inane thread on FT this morning)

I think they rotate every 2 months so there should be 6? Currently we have [four semi hidden but obvious passwords redacted by mod] but can’t remember the other two. Anyone remember the other ones?

Mod note: generally we do not encourage the sharing of restricted information. As the OP will now know from subsequent posts there are only four passwords, so clearly more champagne is required to impair memory recall
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Nov 30, 19 at 1:01 am
Old Nov 30, 19, 12:00 am

Is it wise to post them on an open forum?

The more people using BA WiFi, the performance gets lower for those entitled to access.
Old Nov 30, 19, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
I did think about that but figured that theyíre never in signal range unless youíre in the lounge?

Also BA put them in the app, even for those without status or class allowing them access
Old Nov 30, 19, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by nick.t.davies View Post
I did think about that but figured that theyíre never in signal range unless youíre in the lounge?
That may be true for home bases, but certainly not at outstations.
Old Nov 30, 19, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
BTW, there are 4 passwords only, and thus rotate every 3 months.
Old Nov 30, 19, 1:00 am

Programs: QF WP
Unless Iím being extremely blind I canít see the passwords in my app, as a lowly blue (no longer drunk so canít use that excuse)
Old Nov 30, 19, 1:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by nancypants View Post
Unless Iím being extremely blind I canít see the passwords in my app, as a lowly blue (no longer drunk so canít use that excuse)
It would be in the Manage My Flight area for a particular sector. So on your home page go View & Manage more flight details and then a bit below the seat number is the password link. If it's not there, then Blues have been excluded (and that's recent) and so you better do some travelling.

[regards from the ever sober CWS]
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 30, 19, 1:22 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
It would be in the Manage My Flight area for a particular sector. So on your home page go View & Manage more flight details and then a bit below the seat number is the password link. If it's not there, then Blues have been excluded (and that's recent) and so you better do some travelling.

[regards from the ever sober CWS]
possibly that I have no flights booked at present, although back in the heady days of silver I thought it was a separate permalink? Shows how long it is since I had a good dig around the app 😂
Old Nov 30, 19, 1:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by nick.t.davies View Post

Also BA put them in the app, even for those without status or class allowing them access
You can pick up the signal for the Glasgow and Newcastle lounges in the corridor outside and in Terminal 5 arrivals area the WiFi from the lounge can be picked up there. These are only 3 that I can think of off the top of my head.
Old Nov 30, 19, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
I picked up both the LGW and AMS lounges wifi waiting for the lifts up to the lounge
Old Nov 30, 19, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Originally Posted by rossmacd View Post
Is it wise to post them on an open forum?

The more people using BA WiFi, the performance gets lower for those entitled to access.
Maybe but why bother using the BA Wi-fi at all? The free Heathrow Wi-fi is screaming fast, I gave up even bothering to try the BA one ages ago.
Old Nov 30, 19, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Fun and semi champagne induced story. I was in the GF lounge in T3 once, and I started wondering why everyone was flying to the same place as me, especially as the destination was not direct from T3. Eventually I realised they were not going to the same place as me, they were just talking about the WiFi password.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Nov 30, 19 at 4:14 am
Old Nov 30, 19, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Fun and semi champagne induced story. I was in the GF lounge on T3 once, and I started wondering why everyone was flying to the same place as me, especially as the destination was not direct from T3. Eventually I realised they were not going to the same place as me, they were just talking about the WiFi password.
so you were going to Canada, south east Asia, Eastern Europe or partying in the states then...
Old Nov 30, 19, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by Joely View Post
so you were going to Canada, south east Asia, Eastern Europe or partying in the states then...
Let's just say I was flying CX, and it was before the opening of the CX lounge.
Old Nov 30, 19, 4:29 am

Programs: BA GFL / GGL, Mucci Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hertz Gold 5*
The MAN lounge Wi-fi is significantly slower than the free Wi-fi from Manchester Airport. It runs at less than 2Mb and doesnít allow me to access email on my Macbook. I wouldnít be worried if they published the passwords around the airport!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: